WTB .41spl single action mid-frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dixie884

Blackhawk
It's a long shot, but has anyone got a .41spl on a mid sized frame they would sell. I would also consider a .41 mag, as long as it is on a mid size. Also consider a Colt or similar. THANX

"Mid-Frame"

gunsbam69

Hunter
You're very unlikely to find this. I'd talk to Bowen or Clements about doing a simple caliber conversion.

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Gary Reeder will build you a nice custom revolver or also just perform a simple caliber conversion. Gary has done many for me.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I'm looking for something like a Jeff Quinn spl. A mid frame .41spl with a 4 5/8" or shorter barrel with a plow handle grip and hopefully a SBH or Bisley Hammer. CH on the frame and hammer would be nice, but not required. I would be interested in a colt or USFA also. Anyone got one for sale?

You realize a custom like this is going to cost some coin, right?

I have one that I bought on this forum. Unconverted OM, serial number is from 1968, .357 frame, .41 Magnum. I bought it here, also bought some .41 Special brass from the same guy, picked it up at my FFL, took it out to my pasture, fired six shots, been in the safe ever since. Only Ruger I have fitted with real elephant ivory stocks. I have no real intention of selling it but looking at my Excel serial number list... I have a lot of money tied up in the gun and I literally never fire it. So I'm willing to hear an offer and think about it. PM me if you want to discuss it. I've never even taken any photos of it... I really should do that.

Apparently I originally bought this .41 OM from Robb. I've received PM's from a couple other people as well. I don't want to break any rules here... I was honestly just trying to help the OP. I wrongly assumed he didn't realize how much a custom revolver like this would cost. He has corrected me on that.

I will have to seriously think about whether I want to sell this revolver. It's the kind of thing, you sell it, you can't buy another one.

So give me some space and time....

Thanks,

Gregg

ready05

Bearcat
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/revolvers/-41-magnum-revolvers/light-custom-ruger-bisley-in-41-mag-by-ham-bowen.cfm?gun_id=101359115

Close???? Will it work?

dixie884

Blackhawk
That is probably a good price on that gun with the sight, base pin and basic tune. That leaves about $129.95 for the base gun.....

dixie884

Blackhawk
Well, I was contacted by 4 different people about this. I have made a deal on a basic conversion on an OM .357 to .41spl conversion. The only thing not perfect is that it has a 6.5" barrel. I also made a deal 'in this section' to buy a Colt 2nd gen .357 NF from Cyrus and Alan Harton is going to make it a 4" .41spl with a BP chamfer. Thanx to all who replied to my ad...........

dixie884

Blackhawk
Yes Robb, I remember the USFA from the Gallery. It is very nice. The Horvath has always really interested me. When the Bowen Gun was built I sent you 100 .41spl cases for having a .41spl built. They are all very nice..........

By the way, why don't you post a pic of the Gallagher .41 mid-frame with the Ivory stocks?

dixie884

Blackhawk
Great news. The basic mid frame 3 screw .357 to .41spl conversion a member here let me purchase has arrived at my dealer. It is pretty nice and I am grateful. It is a 6.5" and I'll probably have it shortened, but I finally have that mid frame .41spl I have been wanting. It is even remarked .41spl. I am very happy............