Wow..Cabela's actually had some 22LR today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OldePhart

Blackhawk
I seriously can't remember the last time I saw any .22LR in any store. I had a $20 cash card from Cabela's that was about to expire so I was in the handgun isle looking for Federal +P 124gr HST (which they didn't have, I wish I'd bought more when they had it). Anyway, this other guy asked one of the employees, "what's the limit" and the guy said "no limit except on .22." The first guy asked where the .22 was and the employee said, "If I still have any it's on the isle on the other side of that column"

The first guy moved that way and I was kind of thinking "good luck with that" when it hit me that the employee sounded like he'd actually seen some .22 ammo sometime fairly recently so I made tracks that way as well. There were three bricks of Remington Thunderbolt left (not exactly my favorite .22LR ammo but it beats having nothing at all). The first guy grabbed one, I grabbed one, the guy that followed me grabbed one, and the guy behind him looked real disappointed. LOL

There was still a pretty full shelf of 50-round boxes but at $5 a pop that's just too much buck for the bang. Really, $30 for a brick was kind of steep. I remember when I was a kid I'd stop in the corner drug store walking home from junior high and pick up a 50-round box with the change from my lunch money...

John

BradB

Bearcat
That is a bit high priced for the lowest common denominator (Remington thunderbolt) of 22 LR. I dumped some of that through my Ruger LCR awhile back and it smoked with every dirty shot making me feel like I was back in the black powder days! LOL

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Yep...not my first choice by a long shot (pun intended). At least I have something for my granddaughter to shoot...she's reaching that age... :)

John