Would you buy a birds head vaquero 357 magnum .

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Slenk

Single-Sixer
Top of my list. Blue or Stainless. Thinking I will put one together before this fall. Will be 3 3/4" barrel.

No, a birdshead isn't something I'm interested in. I guess with large hands, I don't really like them. Plus I think anything like that with a barrel longer than 3 1/2 inches or so just seems out of proportion....and since longer barrels are just better....well, you get the drift.

Sorry, but you did ask...

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Have an original Vaquero stainless birds head with 4 5/8" barrel 357. Bought it for the wife. New Vaquero would be lighter though.

Dana

Mus408

Hunter
I have one in .45 ACP and it's a nice shooter. It is a bit larger framed than my Uberti Birdshead in .45 Colt.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Armybrat said:
A glossy stainless 3.5" birdshead .357 New Vaquero would be near the top of my want list.

Me too, I've been on the lookout for one in 45ACP, but it's not at the top of my "gotta have it" list. A Birds head model in .357 might just go to the top of the list. Hope Ruger is listening!

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I would not even try for a deal, love the feel of the birdshead, .357 and a 3" barrel would sell like hotcakes I would think.

Armybrat

Buckeye
ftlupton said:
I would not even try for a deal, love the feel of the birdshead, .357 and a 3" barrel would sell like hotcakes I would think.
Especially if they designed it like the 1877 Colt Lightning grip.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
If it was on the mid-side frame I would buy one. All I ever see are full size.

Latest posts