Wish I had not of sold it full stock 44 mag ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I wonder how many of the full stock ruger 44 mag rifles did they make .I bought mine for $250 about dropped my jaw when guy pulled it out never seen one .I sold it for a good price could kick my butt for selling that one ! Anyone on here have one ?

kevin masten

Blackhawk
In response to your question of how many produced: not many produced at all! Short production run . Just a few years. Three stock styles , actually more if you add in options. The Sporter and International were offered with factory checkering(rare) as well as the carbine style. Beautiful designs; nearly perfect from the introduction with a few changes during production. In the 44 mag, maybe a few thousand at best. Serial numbers don't help as stock styles were mixed in and produced at random throughout production. There will be others that can add to my comments.

Love the designs and would not sale or trade for any reason that would come to mind. The prices on the mag, in my area, just keep climbing for Sporter and International stocked. You seldom see a Sporter or International for sale. Last International sold that I was aware of was $1500 +, plain stock.

Painful are the ones that got away.

chet15

Hawkeye
The .44 International and .44 Sporter were never offered with factory checkering. But a few did get out.
Only the 10/22's with those stock style's were offered with checkering.
Chet15

44-checkereds.jpg

The rare of the rare

hittman

Staff member
Sorry, I know this thread is about the "full stock" but ......
Even the Sporter stocks without checkering are uncommon.
Seems there's always some guy at the range to tell me these are after market. :lol:

Here's a 44 Carbine and a 10/22.

BHwIYBQh.jpg

EFlrpRYh.jpg