Winchester 73

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wrounsifer

Bearcat
anybody have a fair value for a winchester model 73, octagon barrel in prerry decent shape. I might have the option to buy one. Thanks I dont have more info at this time. I saw a few on gunbroker but they were high priced with no bids. Bill

TDF

Single-Sixer
If it's original my Blue book says anywhere from $500.00 to $225,000.00 depending upon condition and features. That's gonna be one heck of a hard value to guess at without a lot more details including some pics.

As an afterthought I watched an 1892 rifle, octagon barrel, full length magazine that had been reblued and refinished, with a mag tube that had some serious big dents in it (looked like they happened after it was refinished) sell for $1550 this last weekend on an auction. I doubt a complete 1873 no matter what condition would sell as cheap as $500.

TDF

wrounsifer

Bearcat
I will have more info today hopefully. I have a friend that is looking to sell his rifle. It has the octogon 24"? barrel with buckhorn sights, but it also has someones initials scratched in to the stock. dust cover is in tact and finish is pretty good. very nice rifle. 44/40 caliber. Thanks for the info I will post pics later