Whiskey glasses

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I've been following the memorabilia thread and have a side question

I've recently developed a taste for bourbon and have only 1 "old fashioned"/rocks glass. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a set of Ruger S&R logo glasses. I'd have bought "R" logo glasses when they were recently on sale @ Shop Ruger.com, but prefer the old logo.

I found a seller that wants $50 plus over $12 to ship for a set of 4. I like the old logo and all, but $16+ a glass seems a bit steep.

What are your thoughts?

Aqualung

RSIno1

Hunter
Most commercial places won't do custom work using trademarked logos. If you have a vinyl sign cutter or know somebody with one cut some logos out. Lots of people use them for scrapbooking. Stick the logos on you ammo boxes etc and use the surrounding vinyl to mask the glass and sandblast the logo. Or paint it on - To bake acrylic paint on glass, place the glass in a baking pan in a cold oven, and set it to 350ºF for 30 minutes. Do not preheat the oven. To seal acrylic paint on thicker glass, let it cool for 30 minutes with the oven door open.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
what should matter is how much they'd mean to you to have them. They'd obviosuly not be licensed and have any collector value but if they're to be used, it's all on that personal "worth it". The contents won't taste any different they it does from your current glasses.
Why not simply seek out one of the older SR glasses.

contender

Ruger Guru
If you found a set of glasses with the SR logo,, and are from Ruger,, I'd say the price is actually very fair.

I think I have some of those glasses myself. (And no,, they aren't for sale!)

I've paid more than that for my glasses.
F23C7409-0E8E-498C-898D-98E445BF6304.jpeg
4ACF98E1-83BF-4C57-BFBC-8EC61132DDF9.jpeg

Dan in MI

Staff member
Most commercial places won't do custom work using trademarked logos. If you have a vinyl sign cutter or know somebody with one cut some logos out. Lots of people use them for scrapbooking. Stick the logos on you ammo boxes etc and use the surrounding vinyl to mask the glass and sandblast the logo. Or paint it on - To bake acrylic paint on glass, place the glass in a baking pan in a cold oven, and set it to 350ºF for 30 minutes. Do not preheat the oven. To seal acrylic paint on thicker glass, let it cool for 30 minutes with the oven door open.
I'm way late but there is another option. Find someone with a craft cutter (criket comes to mind) Have them cut out your desired logo. Use the "frame" of the logo on your glass and sandblast it. Now you will have exactly what Contender illustrated.

contender

Ruger Guru
I see a glass for each flavor. :D
Do a sample tasting to see of one glass is a straighter shooter than any others. Of course,, a minimum of 5 shots per group is required. So, after 20 shots you'll be able to see what is the best! Well, maybe the next day you'll be able to see! :D

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
The glass won't make the bourbon taste better. When it comes to a glass for my single malt scotch I have only one criterion. It can't leak.
I beg to differ. Give different glass shapes a try. Although I have yet to find a glass I dont like whisk(e)y out of, all shapes make it taste different.

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
I've been following the memorabilia thread and have a side question

I've recently developed a taste for bourbon and have only 1 "old fashioned"/rocks glass. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a set of Ruger S&R logo glasses. I'd have bought "R" logo glasses when they were recently on sale @ Shop Ruger.com, but prefer the old logo.

I found a seller that wants $50 plus over $12 to ship for a set of 4. I like the old logo and all, but $16+ a glass seems a bit steep.

What are your thoughts?

Aqualung
1673467188350892833002271199881.jpg
Something to go with your glasses.

Attachments

• 16734671381823897234720417963586.jpg
    16734671381823897234720417963586.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 51
Nice grab and nice choice of fillers for them. Especially the two on the left.
Guess my timing was off, I just listed the same set in the classifieds.
Soon will be listing 50th anniversary wine glasses and 60th anniversary wine glasses.