Which SA 22?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57springer

Buckeye
I have several single sixes and a High Standard sentinel which is a 9 shot double action . I am not sure if there are /were any single actions more than 6 shots ?

wproct

Single-Sixer
I don't know of any disadvantages of a single action .22 revolver that holds more than 6 rounds. Personally I am just kind of old school and prefer the 6 shot revolver. It just feels to me that the ratchet, pawl etc. are more robust, but that's probably just me.

I am not sure if there are /were any single actions more than 6 shots ?

Uberti Cattleman has a 12-shot cylinder! :p

I believe the Cattleman has a larger frame than their "Stallion" model. I've never actually held a Cattleman.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I never load more than 5 in my single actions.... or any other pistol for that matter. But that's just me.... I can't count beyond one hand's worth of 'fingers'.

J.

seen the new Diamondback Sidekick .22 cal. double and single action as noted above, very affordable and is 9 shots both ways.......appears to be a knock off of the old High Standard Double Nine , but have heard nothing as to just what performance as of yet.:cool:;)

Last edited:

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
seen the new Diamondback .22 cal double and single action as noted above, very affordable and is 9 shots both ways.......appears to be a knock off of the old High Standard Double Nine , but have heard nothing as to just what performance as of yet.
I found two Diamondback 22's on the bid site. One sold for $1450. And another for $1800. Where are they affordable? These pistols look like a Python.

Ok, I just answered my own question. The Diamondback Sidekick is what you were referring to, not the Colt Diamondback.

Last edited:

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I found two Diamondback 22's on the bid site. One sold for $1450. And another for $1800. Where are they affordable? These pistols look like a Python.
Wrong pistol..you are talking about a Colt Diamond Back....we are taling about a .22 psitol called a Diamondback. Go to GB and key in .22lr Diamondback Sidekick, you will see them

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
Wrong pistol..you are talking about a Colt Diamond Back....we are taling about a .22 psitol called a Diamondback. Go to GB and key in .22lr Diamondback Sidekick, you will see them
You didn't read all of my amended post.

Latest posts