What's the length of a Sierra 0.224 69 gr Matchking Bthp?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I had bookmarked this site for some other stuff I was working on, but noted they have a database of bullet lengths:

http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistics/lengths/lengths.shtml

I don't have any of the Sierra bullets to measure, but the database value of .900 might be of help to you.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Thank you both! Great web site 701!

I was just trying to see if I can use the Sierra data for my Nosler 69 gr HPBT in my 223. Looks like I can

"I was just trying to see if I can use the Sierra data for my Nosler 69 gr HPBT in my 223. Looks like I can"

Nose shape is more likely to affect data interchangeability than actual bullet length. That can affect both bullet to leade distance and length of bullet to rifling engagement.

krw

Blackhawk
And also length of the bullets bearing surface will affect pressures between different brands of bullets in the same weights.

loaded round

Hunter
I load this bullet in my Colt AR-15 that has a 1/7'' twist. My Colt HBar barrel loves these Sierra 69 gr bullets and shoots them into a 3/4'' at 100 yds. I could've saved you some time if you had asked that in your original post; that's why I buy these bullets.

. quote="Mobuck"]"I was just trying to see if I can use the Sierra data for my Nosler 69 gr HPBT in my 223. Looks like I can"

Nose shape is more likely to affect data interchangeability than actual bullet length. That can affect both bullet to leade distance and length of bullet to rifling engagement.[/quote]