whats the best way to clean a 10 22 TD vs the 10 22 non take

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Been doing a lot of searching on different topics for the 10-22 Take Down, but have not seen much on the following.

What do the people say is the best way to clean the barrel? Do you use a snake or a rod? Do you use a bore guard

to not damage the front end of the barrel if using a rod? Since thats what I have, thats really what Im interested in finding out.

What tools do you use...who makes the best cleaning supplies and assesories to protect things...I saw something ona dewy bore guide, a Hollow Possum guide...and a few others...whats everyones consenses....

I know it would be a different situation with a non-takedown 10 22... and with that I wonder what everyone uses and what works also...

Has anyone drill out the reciever for a rod placement on those non take downs...how did that work>?

Okay inquireing minds want to know....and i know you all have great info and and experience with all this...

thanks in advance for your ideas...

Henry aka The Yiddil

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Most .22s are ruined by overcleaning. Also, most .22s prefer a fouled bore for the most accuracy. Benchrest .22 competitors usually clean their rifle once a year, sometimes less.... A thousand round cleaning schedule is probably too often.

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
didnt know that...so I will just limet my cleaning to when I need it:)))

ozo

Bearcat
Cleaning a .22lr.....fact or fiction...?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080812131651AAZpjU9

RedlegM109A1

Single-Sixer
I clean my 22s the same way I did my M16a1 in the Army. First a bore brush (soaked in Hoppes #9) a couple of times through to loosen the crud. Then a bore patch soaked in Hoppes #9 until it starts coming out somewhat white/clean. Then one or two dry patches until they come out clean. Even with dirty ammo this usually only takes me maybe 5 minutes. I then clean the chamber with a couple of Qtips, inspect and clean any part of the rifle that has powder residue, and I am done. This all usually takes maybe 15 minutes and it is a pleasant 15 minutes at least for me. No way does this mild cleaning regime harm the rifle and I believe that a clean rifle is a happy rifle. My rifles just never jam, misfeed, or have other issues unless I happen upon a bad round of ammo, which almost never happens either.

Clean your weapon after you shoot it.

Latest posts