What Williams sight for Ruger #3?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tacotime

Single-Sixer
Is there a Williams receiver sight (ghost ring type) that screws right on to the barrel of the Ruger #3? (45-70). Don't want to drill. The WGRS type looks right, but they don't list one for Ruger #3.

Thanks.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
I'm not aware of a WGRS type sight for the #3.
Have you considered the NECG peep sights for the #1/3? These are well made (of steel) and can be had for the Ruger mounting system or for the Weaver type base, which is also avaiolable for the #3.

tacotime

Single-Sixer
That was probably what I was thinking of. I'll have a look. Is there an exact part number for the #3 that anyne has handy? Thanks.

picketpin

Buckeye
Taco: You can still get the scope blocks from Ruger. All you would need would be a reqr. Their a little better looking cosmetically than the Weavers.

No idea of the NECG part number, don't use them.

RWT

tacotime

Single-Sixer
So does that base then use the standard Ruger rings? I think I've seen them - like a little block of metal.

lctrcjim

Bearcat
Taco, I put XS sights on my #3 & am very happy with them. No drilling or mods, just screws into the pre-tapped scope mounting holes. The folks there are very helpful & great to deal with - $90

http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=rifle

tacotime

Single-Sixer
I did not knnow about XS. Thanks.

Do you use the existing front sight on the #3?

DavidMc116

Single-Sixer
NECG on a Ruger #3 rear base.
RugerCustoms-1.jpg

lctrcjim

Bearcat
David, could you tell us a little about your #3? It looks GREAT!!! Sorry to get off-topic

DavidMc116

Single-Sixer
lctrcjim said:
David, could you tell us a little about your #3? It looks GREAT!!! Sorry to get off-topic

Since you decided not to take the extra 45-70 barrel that I had, I stuck it on a #3 action and re-shaped the forend. Added the NECG rear sight and a Lyman 17A SF target front sight with interchangeable apertures. I am recoil sensitive and don't see any reason to suffer a beating at the hands of a rifle. I reload 265 grain hollow-base 45-70 bullets to 15-1800 fps. They're amazingly accurate and produce quite a wallop on impact. I'm infamous for knocking chunks out of stumps, cactus, rocks, and turtles. (Cormorants & Nutria) etc. That's all I've shot with it thus far, but wouldn't hesitate taking it along on a whitetail or pig hunt. Very light compared to most #1's or 3s, just under 6lbs.

265gr45-70.jpg

Do you realize how many ppl are going to hate you for having a #3 44mag?