What should I pay for a 22/45 threaded barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
I looked at a MKIII 22/45 with the threaded barrel and removable grip panels today at a local shop. It was NIB and they were asking $385 + tax. I see that the MSRP is $440, but this particular shop usually runs a little high, so I would just like to get a feel for what most guys are buying them at.

I already have a MKII 22/45 with 5.5" barrel, but this MKIII looks like it would be a lot handier as an all-around packin' gun. I'm not particularly interested in putting a suppressor on it, but the thread cover gives is kind of a cool look 8)

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Normally they can be found for around $350 or a little less but if you want one now I'd go ahead and get it. The supply of guns from Ruger is very thin and you might not find another for a while.
Sal

JFB

Hunter
I got mine for 350+tax (asking 375) a few weeks back, the dealer says he is selling them as fast as he can get them. I got some knocked off since I was going to pay LIST for the suppressor.

mattsbox99

Hunter
You're going to love a suppressor. It'll make you giggle like a schoolgirl every time you shoot it. :)

Hopefully you change your mind about getting one.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Thanks all, that's about what I figured they would be running. I'm torn between buying one of those or a Sig Mosquito....

Since I already have one 22/45, I would have plenty of mags, but on the other hand...do I need another 22/45? And then there's the fact that the Sig is considerably lighter, but It has also gotten some iffy reviews...I dunno what to do :shock:

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
Three50seven said:
Thanks all, that's about what I figured they would be running. I'm torn between buying one of those or a Sig Mosquito....

Since I already have one 22/45, I would have plenty of mags, but on the other hand...do I need another 22/45? And then there's the fact that the Sig is considerably lighter, but It has also gotten some iffy reviews...I dunno what to do :shock:
please EXCUSE (& I'm sure that YOU know this - but others may not...) MKII (22/45) Mags are NOT operable in the MKIII! The MKIII has a
"Mag Disconnect Interlock" which the MkII mags will not engage!
StaySafe,
MG

mattsbox99

Hunter
You'll be sorry you bought the Sig. I've owned it and the Walther P22, both are on down the road and I do NOT miss them at all.

If you want lighter, grab a Tac Sol Pac Lite. I have that on one of my 22/45s its threaded for my suppressor and makes quite a nice little package.

Three50seven

Buckeye
MountainGator said:
Three50seven said:

please EXCUSE (& I'm sure that YOU know this - but others may not...) MKII (22/45) Mags are NOT operable in the MKIII! The MKIII has a
StaySafe,
MG

oh really? No i was not aware of that. Is there a way to modify them to be interchangable? I've never owned a III, only a II and an old RST6.

As for the mosquito, I'm starting to think that theyre not worth the risk....

GMan351

Single-Sixer
22/45 with threaded barrel $332 shipped

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/74/products_id/74663

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Three50seven said:
MountainGator said:
Three50seven said:

StaySafe,
MG

oh really? No i was not aware of that. Is there a way to modify them to be interchangable? I've never owned a III, only a II and an old RST6.

As for the mosquito, I'm starting to think that theyre not worth the risk....

IIRC, all it takes is a notch in the mag body. Easy to duplicate....

Three50seven

Buckeye
Well I went to a different shop today while the girlfriend was along. They had one of the models with picatinny rails for $359. Since I would like to get her to shoot more, I asked her opinion and let her handle it to see what she thought. She didn't care for the grips, but she handled a 1911 with one-piece hogue grips and really liked the feel. She also decided that the red dot sight would be cool and maybe easier for her to learn to use (I know, I know, don't preach to me on the fundamentals. She can out shoot me with my NM single-six :oops: ) Anyway, we decided that it would be a nice addition to the collection. I took the seemingly useless rail off the bottom already, and I also see a suppressor in the future 8)

2012-04-04193325-1.jpg

2012-04-04193355-1.jpg