very old ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
a fellow shooter from the range I go to gave me some very old ammo he knows I cast and figured I could knock the ammo down ,and remelt the bullets . there was some old 38s&w there was 1 or 2 32/20 a bunch of 32 s&w. there was also some 32s&w long and some that said 32 colt np. like i mentioned this was pretty old ammo no way i was gonna try to fire it . i pulled the bullets from the 32long and the 32 colt and have the brass in the tumbler right now . im familiar with 32 s&w long but not the 32 colt i measured the cases there pretty much same length and diameter the rim is pretty much same diameter but the colt looks to have a slight taper on the back side . i tried looking it up but my manual don't even have 32 colt in it . what im wondering , im guessing this brass will all be in ok condition the ammo was never fired is 32 colt pretty much same as 32 s&w long and can it be fired safely from my gp100 327 fed mag ? i know the 32 s&w long can but how about the 32 colt ?? any info would be helpfull

Cholo

Staff member
The .32 S&W long is the same as the .32 Colt. My .32 Colt is marked ".32 Colt NP (New Police) Ctg. and it does quite well with the S&W long. The Colt .32 Long is not interchangeable.

Latest posts