Value Mark II Targer pistol.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Although I'm new to the rimfire forum, I spend a lot of time on the revolver forum. Over there people always start out saying I'm not going to sell this, but I won't kid around. I'm going to sell this and a lot more. The consensus though seems to be the right place to offer something for sale is the Classifieds. I'm just basically too lazy to bend over and pull out my RENE price list. Whatever it says there is fine for me.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Blue or Stainless?
Length barrel?
2% = rust or wear on finish or other?
Picture?

if you are too lazy to give us the above information, them i would have to say it might be worth about $100.00 to me with you paying the shipping and throwing in a brick of .22 cal ammo.

:lol: :lol:

You are right. It's blue, with a small 2% rub through where the box hits the barrel below the sight, it's 10 inches long, and if you don't know what one looks like what are you doing taking up my time?

Truly, if I took pictures you wouldn't know anything more about it. Think slightly less than brand new, and very slightly at that.

A simple answer will be sufficient, a number without comment would be great. And then I'll hustle my fat ass back over to revolvers where I belong.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
[

Truly,

A simple answer will be sufficient, a number without comment would be great. And then I'll hustle my fat ass back over to revolvers where I belong.[/quote].

Look on GB and see what they are selling for. But if you can't research it your self then without pictures about .1$

wwb

Hunter
Bud's Gun Shop recently sold a stainless 10" Mark II (used, with box, manual, and 2 mags) for just under $300. In the real world, it's worth whatever you can get for it.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411548300

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
Some of the resale valuation is also dependent upon what barrel length and profile you have on that Mark II target pistol. Is it totally stock or are there any aftermarket upgrades to the pistol like a target sear and hammer? There are also some regional variations in pricing as some locations Mark II's are very hard to come by like California. There is a good market for a used Mark II pistol as folks prefer them over the Mark III line with all the additional safety features added into the model.

R,
Bullseye

trapperon

Blackhawk
I just picked up a used MKII 5.5 blued bull barrel in 98% with no box for $300 at Cabelas. You just dont see them too often anymore and that seemed like a deal to me so I bought it. I would think it was easily worth $400 in that condition.

I am one who just cant warm up to the MKIII's.............

Ron

I agree, around here, the 10 inch Mark II's are a "premium" and easily, in at ,maybe over the $400 mark.......and the stainless steel version, minimum of $50 over the 'blued' version.................
as noted above, always "need" more info, detail, as to trying to put any price on any given item other than
" I have a gun, whats it worth...." :wink:

( to be honest with you, MOST people will NOT tell you what its worth, even if they KNOW....) 8)

wwb

Hunter
luedersj said:
You are right. It's blue, with a small 2% rub through where the box hits the barrel below the sight, it's 10 inches long, and if you don't know what one looks like what are you doing taking up my time?

Truly, if I took pictures you wouldn't know anything more about it. Think slightly less than brand new, and very slightly at that.

A simple answer will be sufficient, a number without comment would be great. And then I'll hustle my fat ass back over to revolvers where I belong.

A guy asks for relevant information in determining value.... information that you should have, but did not provide, in the opening post and you respond like that?

No need to be "sorry" but should be 'informed' wish we could read between any lines, or peoples 'minds' never worked for me...just gotta be in less of a hurry or to get "short" in the "wrong' way... a reason many of us ask to "see" pictures , but with computers ( photoshop ,etc) today even that means NOTHING, but does 'help'......
and as to values, wow, one of the MOST 'opinionated' things to ask, and everyone has one, its getting them to say something, hopefully , the 'truth',and again, its just "their .02 cents..." :wink:

fyimo

Bearcat
There have been a couple of really nice blued 5 inch bull barrel ones on GB that in the past weeks have sold for around $325. I know because I gave my son my 5 inch stainless one I had and I've been watching them thinking of buying another. I really like the Mark II and the one I gave my son shot one ragged hole from a rest at 15 yards.

Tuco Tom

Single-Sixer
The Mark II 5 1/2" Bull Barrel Stainless (KMK-512) cost me $350 on the used market.
I had a blued model of the same configuation for many years and decided to upgrade to the Stainless. I sold the blued model and purchased the stainless for the same $350.
These pistols are just really accurate and the Mark II is regarded as one of the best configurations.
Did I mention how accurate this pistol ..........
Good Luck!

kacher1

Bearcat
rugerguy said:
I agree, around here, the 10 inch Mark II's are a "premium" and easily, in at ,maybe over the $400 mark.......and the stainless steel version, minimum of $50 over the 'blued' version.................
as noted above, always "need" more info, detail, as to trying to put any price on any given item other than
" I have a gun, whats it worth...." :wink:

( to be honest with you, MOST people will NOT tell you what its worth, even if they KNOW....) 8)

Bottom line on this thread is there is really no sense comparing what you paid for a new or used Mark II other than the 10" model. Waste of time reading all those posts. The 10" is a hard to get and well sought after Mark II model and usually commands a much higher price. Best source of this are the SOLD auctions on various auction sites. Other than that I think the next best source is forum members who have bought or sold that particular model. Anything else is just "blowing in the wind."

Of course, that's just my opinion! :)