Ugly Number 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this one hurts my eyes. I didn't know they made these 450 #1s with the short barrel and muzzle brake.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/just-in/rugerr-no-1-450-bushmaster-stainless.html#.WjPEzTdG2M8

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
Oh me too, except.... I'm contemplating a suppressor for a centerfire rifle like my Ruger Ranch bolt rifle in 300BO. One setup that was and is interesting to me is a large bore subsonic round with 'light for the caliber' bullets, such as a 230-250 grain pistol bullet out of a 45 cal rifle. I prefer .458" over .452" most of the time but if specifically for THIS coyote close range and suppressed setup the 450 BushMaster would work even with it's standard rifling twist bore. So TOSS the ugly muzzle break and screw on a good suppressor and it might make for a suburban close range quiet coyote killer.
What think?

Dranrab

Single-Sixer
I love a stainless rifle in a laminated stock. I don't like the muzzle brake, but you can remove it and put a cap in its place.

tinman

Buckeye
Never had an ugly gun.......when its out in front of me all I see is the sight........

Big Old Boy

Hunter
What's not to like the power of a 45/70 in a compact rifle easy to carry weather resistant,oh my. But I'll keep my #1s in 45/70.

RSIno1

Hunter
I thought of adding one just so I had a stainless/laminate in the collection. Problem is that one is UGLY. If my 458 WinMag doesn't need a brake that one doesn't either. Also most of them I saw the laminate was very dark making it look like they were trying to appeal to the black rifle fans.