Type IV Red Eagle.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have the opportunity to pick up a Type IV Red Eagle Standard Auto. SN 9117. The problem is condition. This one is mayhbe 50% with significant pitting. My question, is it worth the $175 price tag considering it's rarity? Thanks!

Dave

Only if you just GOTTA have a Type IV Red Eagle.

I s'pose you can always move it along if you later find another, better one to replace it.

Not my cup of tea, however.

JMHO

:)

radicalrod

Hunter
YEP the gun that made STURM RUGER.....and nobody cares.....sad but true....buy it and restore it then keep a piece of history....all for around $400 total.....don't ya wish you could buy a 1st maybe 2nd year Colt for $175 :lol: :lol: :lol: JMO....YMMV....RR.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Hutchman, here is a pic to help with the restoration :D :D :D RR

This WAS the earliest one known and the book says so till Chad gets his new stuff published :wink: :wink: :wink:

PA161038.jpg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
radicalrod said:
YEP the gun that made STURM RUGER.....and nobody cares.....sad but true....buy it and restore it then keep a piece of history....all for around $400 total.....don't ya wish you could buy a 1st maybe 2nd year Colt for $175 :lol: :lol: :lol: JMO....YMMV....RR.

+2,,,Heres a Type 1A that was about 60%,, had rugerguy restore her and don't regret it one bit.
Good luck if you get her.
Terry

HPIM1395.jpg

HPIM1396.jpg

hutchman

Blackhawk
Looking forward to getting this one. I have a MKI from about 1958 that my Granddad bought new, so I have an interest in the early ones. They also seem to be somewhat affordable....which is a plus!

RR, sent you a PM.