Trade Ruger early Single Six 22 Magnum cylinder for 22lr cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Coup d'etat

Bearcat
Greetings. I would like to trade an early 22 Mag Single Six cylinder for an early 22lr cylinder. Below are pics. There is some minor corrosion at the base of the cylinder (please see pics). This has been addressed and is no longer an issue and does not affect function, but I feel that I should mention it. Please ask all questions and concerns.

Cheers, Coup

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 53

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
You didn't say if this is for a old model 3 screw or a New model Single Six. Early New model Single Sixes still had a fluted magnum cylinder like old model Single Sixes. I don't know if the cylinder will interchange between the two generations ? I believe the 1973 to 1976 are the years of the New models that still used the fluted magnum cylinders. My 1974 Single Six still has the rebated 22LR cylinder and the fluted magnum cylinder.

CHEVYINLINE6.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
How can I tell the difference between old and new model Single-Six cylinders?
Sorry I can't tell you other than they may be different. I am sure someone else with more experience on these can give you the proper answer. I no longer have any older 3 screw models to compare parts with my New model Single Sixes. I just threw the question of interchangeabily out there and was hoping someone with more knowlage could give you the proper answer and maybe help you avoid any problems when you sell it. Like someone said, a measurement would be helpful.

CHEVYINLINE6.

the cylinder you show in the top picture is of an old model 22 mag cylinder, the newer ones are rollmarked ".22 Magnum" around the rear end of the cylinder, ...the 22 lr OM cylinder has a firing pin groove around the rear between the chamber holes........

Attachments

• 22lr22mag.jpg
    22lr22mag.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 48

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Both my early New model Single Six magnum cylinders from two different guns are fluted and are not roll marked 22 magnum. My understanding is New model Single Sixes from 1973 to 1976 had magnum cylinders that were fluted like old model 3 screw guns and were not marked 22 magnum.

CHEVYINLINE6.