Thumbhole stock for Ruger American

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I can't help you with a source for a thumbhole stock for the RAR but I will ask have you ever owned and shot a rifle with one? I have a Savage MkII BTVLSS that has a thumbhole stock and I find it more of a nuisance than a benefit. Since i'm left-handed and Savage only offers their top line left handed rimfire rifle with that stock I'm stuck but would rather have a high comb standard stock.

traderdell

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
I can't help you with a source for a thumbhole stock for the RAR but I will ask have you ever owned and shot a rifle with one? I have a Lexus that has a thumbhole stock and I find it more of a nuisance than a benefit. Since i'm left-handed and Savage only offers their top line left handed rimfire rifle with that stock I'm stuck but would rather have a high comb standard stock.

I have not but shouldering the the Savage MkII BTVLSS it is very comfortable. I have a very bad shoulder so even 22lr can be a problem , thus the search. Thank you for your reply.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I have two of the Savage thumbholes and find them to be very comfortable. Not necessarily my favorite but I do like them.

I don't see the thumbhole option at Boyd's but they do have the pro varmint, which they called the "tacticool" when the style debuted. Here's mine on a Savage and a 10/22. I like them as well but can't really give you any input on your shoulder issues.

IMG_7600b.jpg

IMG_8118b.jpg

traderdell

Bearcat
CraigC said:
I have two of the Savage thumbholes and find them to be very comfortable. Not necessarily my favorite but I do like them.

I don't see the thumbhole option at Boyd's but they do have the pro varmint, which they called the "tacticool" when the style debuted. Here's mine on a Savage and a 10/22. I like them as well but can't really give you any input on your shoulder issues.

IMG_7600b.jpg

IMG_8118b.jpg

Thanks for the response.

traderdell

Bearcat
huntsman22 said:
another option for a different hand position.....

IMG_3214_zpsk5wqynqn.jpg

What is that? I'd have to know more about it to determine if its New York State legal, the suppressor and magazine would have to go. Great looking ACD!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
traderdell said:
Does anyone know if there is a thumbhole stock for the American in 22lr?

Boyds stocks has some without thumbholes, you might contact them to ask if they will offer one eventually , bet it is in the plans. I had a thumbhole from them for a Stevens CF, very happy with it, but sadly now gone.$129 + shipping,well worth it IMO.