The World Serious

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pierow

Blackhawk
I was glad to see him Ed. He looked good sporting that blue bow tie and seemed to have good comments on what the discussion was about. Pretty awesome that Johnny Cueto went all nine innings. Some great ball played last night.

Pierow

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
Pierow said:
I was glad to see him Ed. He looked good sporting that blue bow tie and seemed to have good comments on what the discussion was about. Pretty awesome that Johnny Cueto went all nine innings. Some great ball played last night.

Pierow

Its like a fairy tale for Queto. Watched him pitch a lot for the Reds. Although he was on a lousy team for the past years he kept getting better. So now he got traded from a cellar team to Kansas City at the end of the Season and he is pitching in the World Series. Good for him!

I didn't know much about the Royals but after seeing two games I was impressed with their pitching.
All them guys can pitch. Their offense is good too. They win without home runs. I like that. So all of a sudden,
I'm a Kansas City fan. I hope Queto does it again.

I watched Pete his entire career. Great hitter, but as a human being he is a total loss.

RKB

Single-Sixer
FastEd said:
Pierow said:

Pierow

I watched Pete his entire career. Great hitter, but as a human being he is a total loss.
I totally agree on that last line, but he belongs in the Hall of Fame for his play on the field. The best player to ever play the game. Period.

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
The best player to ever play the game. Period.[/quote]

Pete Rose was a great singles and doubles hitter but he could not field, catch, throw, or run.
He was never close to being the best.
I saw them all play:
Ted Williams, DiMaggio, Al Kaline, Joe Morgan, Mantle, Bench and Mays and many more.

Pete thought he was better than the Game and that was his failing.