The value of a Engraved All Weather Red Label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
It's approaching the time if I can make myself part with my duck gun. I'm not sure of the collector value today or the demand but I suspect Ruger only made a limited number of this model.
All Stainless with engraving on both sides of the receiver and a gold leaf engraved duck. 12 Ga 26" barrels with chokes
When I decided to get back to duck hunting I wanted a gun that would hold up to the extreme weather we hunt in. The natural choice was the red label, in 2007 I had dealers looking all over the country but was unlucky in finding one. I finally called Ruger and talked to sweet lady that told me they had quietly discontinued production on that model. But she did a search and directed me to a dealer in Anchorage, Alaska that had two unsold guns. Said it was the only two left unsold. It took me a few days but I scored on one of them. The photo below is similar to mine but slightly better shape.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Tough call on real-life value, as there are so many excellent shotguns today and the Gold Label is becoming a kind of cult gun at the bird farms and trap ranges in my travels. That means the buyer-market is drying up, kind of looks like an old-guy interest to me.

I'd guess the gun is worth the MSRP of the original sale point, but if in unfired, ANIB condition obviously a bit higher?

egl52

Single-Sixer
I bet it would go for a good price on gunbroker. The stainless Red Labels command a premium, and the engraved ones even more so. I see that one was put up for auction recently that's just like yours except with 28" barrels. 28" barrels are a bit more popular than the 26" ones, but the selling price of this auction (in 10 days from now) should give you an accurate estimate of the value of your shotgun: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/560397081

Latest posts