The Limited Edition Polished Stainless SingleSix

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TomTownUSA

Bearcat
I am sitting in my recliner holding my factory polished stainless Single Six mfg in 1996 and continuing to awh at its beauty. This short run of the old frame pinched Colt type rear sight in a highly polished stainless offering is an incredible tribute to Ruger master workmanship and design. Another forum member noted there were only 3900 produced in 1996-97. Other than the 50th Anniversary blue single six, I believe this beauty is the only Single Six ever offered with the Colt type rear sight and also in full factory highly polished stainless. A true gem of gems and it's heaftyness completes the presentation, an absolute keeper.

Here is a blue single six with fixed sights so there appear to be other models besides the 50th anniversary and the high-polished stainless versions:

Model #00629….the revolver above was shipped in 2017….and the model is still on Ruger's website though currently unavailable…it is a current model.

Last edited:
grooved along the top ,ala Vaquero,,,we called them "mini Vaqueros" and some used some such wording like "vaqueritos" high gloss stainless is the ones we had, kinda neat, never really kept any though...........:unsure:;)

NDAR15MAN

Bearcat
I would like to see a picture of your pistol. Never seen one like that. Thanks. Marty

A couple of limited production (500) that did not come with a 22 Mag cylinder.
1705331092468.png

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Jim,
That's the version I have with short barrel and Ruger's chemical case colors. A distributor exclusive model.

My only improvement was to replace the steel XR3-RED grip frame with a New Vaquero steel XR3 steel grip frame (the original single six size). It makes a great pair with my blue/case color .32 Vaquerito. Both with fixed rear sights.

Last edited:
Hondo,
Not sure why Ruger only made them LR only. Must be why they were not to popular. I think they were also over priced for a single cylinder gun. I also bought a 5 1/2" barreled one for my Grandson My short grip frame 32 Vaqueritos are stainless. The stainless helps when shooting black powder.
1705386852026.png

TomTownUSA

Bearcat
I see Ruger corp is auctioning a high polished 45 long salesman sample made in 2011... One of a kind, saw on gunbroker. Still has days to go and bids are over $2300. Another forum gent noted my high polish single-six mfg only in 96-97 had a max quantity of 3900, not super rare but a beautiful piece of factory workmanship. As I noted a KEEPER.

Attachments

• Toms Ruger single-six b.jpg
    Toms Ruger single-six b.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 26
  • Toms Ruger single-six b.jpg
    Toms Ruger single-six b.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts