The 10/22 I love this gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This was my first Ruger purchase a few years back.... i guess i was late in the game... :) I have had a Winchester model 190 .22 since i was a kid and thought it was great... well i didn't know what i was missing.... This is the most consistantly accurate .22 rifle i own.

Ruger_10_22a-1-3.jpg

Ruger_10_22-1.jpg

You've got plenty of reason to love that little rifle.

Most of us here have known for a long time...For a (relatively) inexpensive gun, they are quite accurate, and ultra-reliable.

And when the bug hits a feller, the sky is the limit on what after-market upgrades are available.

That gun will be enjoyed for generations.

Welcome to the Forum!

WAYNO.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Enjoy the new "Super Plinker"
I've had several of them over the years & IMO they are the best semi auto 22lr platform out there..
There's nothing you can't buy for them but I found it's better to just shoot them instead of spending hundreds/thousands on trying to make them better..
Here's my $139.99 10/22RR with a 20" barrel & factory fiber optic sights that I bought @ Bass Pro Shop..
ruger22rimfires.jpg

JaPes

Bearcat
Herr Shell Meister said:
... well i didn't know what i was missing....

This part of Herr Shell Meister's post struck a chord with me. Sometimes, I can be a bit of a contrarian. For some reason I can not remember, I decided to take the .22lr fork in the road away from Ruger. I ended up with:

Sig Sauer Mosquito .22lr = FAIL : fail to feed, fail to eject, fail to fire, very ammo sensitive.

Umarex Colt M4 .22lr = FAIL : an airgun company designed it, and it shows.

Now I own two MKIII's and a 10/22, and couldn't be happier. If I ever have to buy another .22lr, it's going to be another Ruger .22lr.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
It's the simplicity and reliability of the 10/22 that makes them so darn fun and addicting. Careful, they multiply. :D

HerrMesser

Single-Sixer
My first Ruger was a 10/22 that I bought in 1969 for about $50.00 at the local Woolworth store. A couple years ago I won another in my local club's gun raffle but haven't shot the new one yet. Got the first one to use for squirrels.

And a welcome to you Herr Shell Meister.

Rad

Hey... Herr Messer Thanks for the welcome...i had a feeling i might find you in here.... :lol: Looking forward to coming up w/ Mario to visit and have some more good fun at your range.

Americal.... I actually picked that up at Wal-mart !!!! I asked the guy at the sporting goods dept. how many he had in the back to choose from and he kinda smuggly said, well 1 cause thats all i'm allowed to bring out at once...so when i opened the box i couldn't beleive my eyes, the stock was beautiful. I really lucked out, most of the others that i've seen have a very plain stock.

HerrMesser

Single-Sixer
Herr Shell
Looking forward to the visit. Trying to get a few .223s loaded to try out the new barrel for the Encore.

Wish I had a stock like that for my 10/22.

Forgot to mention Ace hardware has those clamps on sale again and I will go get a few more in someone gets a little wild and shoots them again........

Rad

Herr Messer .... I don't know why you guys don't believe me... :p i was aiming at those.. :lol: I got a few of the cheap metal ones i will bring along to use for my targets... You never know when one might jump in front of my bullet... :roll:

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Herr Shell Meister, very nice gun!

I'll echo you happyness.... I just picked a 10/22 up last week and today I had a chance to put a scope on her and sight her in. (Bushnell, 3~9 Banner).

Boy, what fun. This was the first time I went through a few hundred rounds and spent less the $10.00 :D 8) :lol:

Lateck,

Bob G

Single-Sixer
JaPes said:
Herr Shell Meister said:
... well i didn't know what i was missing....

This part of Herr Shell Meister's post struck a chord with me. Sometimes, I can be a bit of a contrarian. For some reason I can not remember, I decided to take the .22lr fork in the road away from Ruger. I ended up with:

Sig Sauer Mosquito .22lr = FAIL : fail to feed, fail to eject, fail to fire, very ammo sensitive.

Umarex Colt M4 .22lr = FAIL : an airgun company designed it, and it shows.

Now I own two MKIII's and a 10/22, and couldn't be happier. If I ever have to buy another .22lr, it's going to be another Ruger .22lr.

As if emanated from Plato's Cave. :wink:

hpman66

Hunter
Herr Shell Meister said:
This was my first Ruger purchase a few years back.... i guess i was late in the game... :) I have had a Winchester model 190 .22 since i was a kid and thought it was great... well i didn't know what i was missing.... This is the most consistantly accurate .22 rifle i own.

Since you said that you bought it at Walmart, does it have the 22" barrel? It looks like it could be one because of the barrel length in the picture. If it does, it is one of a special run of 10/22's that Walmart asked Ruger to make for them. It should say "Rifle" on the reciever instead of "Carbine".

Lowell Hart

Bearcat
I have a 10-22 finger-groove Sporter that I purchased in May 1966 at the Navy Exchange, USNH Oakland, Ca. No complaints or problems with this piece, even after who knows how many 100's of rounds I have put through it. :)