Thanksgiving treat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Like many other people, I start my thanksgiving day in the woods deer hunting. I've done it for decades and today is no different.
My treat for the day was when a coyote came trotting through, carrying its latest victim. The Contender in 7x30 Waters spoke with authority. Even though it was trotting, I was able to flip it over and end its killing of critters here. One down, with others to go. I know I have (had) at least 3 here.

I am still in my stand, because I have killed a coyote before and later I also killed a deer. The coyote was dropped immediately at about 80 yards.

Next????

I didn't make a hunt today but had great family time. Since Grouch Attack and I are the oldest of our immediate family, it's the 'girls'' who do most of the cooking. Gives our youngest and his spouse an opportunity to host the family gathering.
Maybe can get around in time to sit a while in the morning.

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks all.

I was a bit surprised I did hit that yote. He was moving pretty good, and I just couldn't pass a chance at it. Of course,, I "crowed" a little,, with the family about it. :D But I do think the time I spent as a door gunner learning how to hit moving targets helped a bit. It was a crossing shot,, and when the crosshairs got to the front of the chest,, I pulled the trigger. Spun it around pretty good. I guess a 150 grn Ballistic tip 7mm bullet can be a bit wicked on a smaller critter! :D

Latest posts