SR9c striker question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

zbird

Bearcat
After reading some posts about light primer strikes on the SR9c, I am concerned about the striker spring in mine. I have not had any issues yet, but I would feel more comfortable and confident knowing that I had the new and improved spring. Is there anyway to know? I have seen specs on the old vs new spring, but understanding spring sag, are the specs an accurate way of verifying?

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I have not had any issues with my SR9c.
As to checking the springs I would think that you would need to remove the springs and measure them??????
Sag would not come into play with a relatively new gun (in my mind).

Lateck,

F-111 John

Bearcat
If it helps, on this thread: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=117306

Verndog quotes Egalaway saying:

"The correct updated spring is 1.600 inches long. The early one is 1.500."

So remove your striker spring and measure it. If it's short, call Ruger for a free replacement. If it's long, sleep easy. There is no way that the striker spring is going to "sag" that much, so measuring its length should be sufficent.

fastexas

Bearcat
I must have an early run SR9C...bought April 2010. Had numerous FTF and light primer strikes early on with the pistol, and sent it back to Ruger. I never measured the striker spring, but they fixed it and has run without a hiccup since last October. Probably 1,200 rounds of many brands of FMJ, from the crappiest foreign stuff to Rem/ Win/ Fed and lots of JHP too. No more FTF's and I finally have 100% confidence in the firearm. I like the feel of the platform so much that I hope to get an SR40c soon!

boomer1

Single-Sixer
zbird said:
After reading some posts about light primer strikes on the SR9c, I am concerned about the striker spring in mine. I have not had any issues yet, but I would feel more comfortable and confident knowing that I had the new and improved spring. Is there anyway to know? I have seen specs on the old vs new spring, but understanding spring sag, are the specs an accurate way of verifying?

Call Ruger.

Latest posts