SPF: Three Lightweight Single Sixes ~~ INSTANT COLLECTION!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I'm offering these 3 Lightweight Single Six revolvers as a package deal. At this point, I am not willing to separate them, but if they don't sell as a bundle, I may consider splitting them up at some point down the road. This bundle represents the three primary versions of the Lightweight Model and should be a fantastic start to a Lightweight collection. None of these revolvers are boxed (Lightweight boxes are rare and can easily double the cost of the gun).

The aluminum frame Lightweight Single Six was offered for only a few years, from 1956 into 1959. They only came in one barrel length, 4-5/8", and all were serial numbered in the 2xxxxx range sequentially starting with 200001. The first version was catalog number "LWAC" (Light Weight, Alloy Cylinder) and had a silver alloy frame and a brownish-green alloy cylinder finished with what was known as Martin Hardcoating. These mostly had the early flat loading gate and became known as the Tri-Color LWAC. The second version was also catalog number "LWAC" and the alloy frame was anodized black and the cylinders were also black as applied over the Martin Hardcoating so the cylinders tended to turn lighter with age. They mostly had the round loading gate and became known as the All-Blue LWAC. The chambers of the alloy cylinders on both LWAC models were sleeved with steel to prevent wear. The third version was catalog number "LWSC" (Light Weight, Steel Cylinder) and had a blue steel cylinder, along with the same black anodized alloy cylinder frame as the earlier model. These three primary versions all had features common to the standard Single Sixes of the era, including the XR3 alloy grip frame, and black checkered synthetic grips. Small parts changes such as medallion style, ejector rod button style, and trigger thickness followed along as those things evolved on the standard Single Sixes and Blackhawks.

The Tri-Color LWAC in this group is considered a 3-digit gun (200xxx) since all Lightweights start with 2 and have 6 digit serial numbers. This gun would have likely shipped the first year, in 1956, in the very rare "green wreath" box. Condition is excellent with the early frosted grip medallions. The typical chipping of the Martin Hardcoating at the cylinder stops is minimal. The typical finish loss on the ejector rod housing is also minimal (I don't know why, but the bluing on the steel ejector rod housings on Lightweights is usually worn more than on a steel frame Single Six or Blackhawk of the same vintage). It has the flat loading gate, serrated ejector button, and the highly curved skinny trigger.

The All-Blue LWAC in the group is the lowest condition gun of the three and has much greater finish loss on the ejector rod housing and holster wear on the left side of the barrel. Cylinder stop chipping is about average, and the left grip medallion is missing about 50% black paint. In general, the All-Blue LWAC model is the rarest of the three versions with only about 1600 made and is typically valued higher than a Tri-Color due to the rarity. But because the Tri-Color in this bundle is a 3-digit gun, and is in such nice condition, the Tri-Color has a higher value. This All-Blue LWAC has the later shiny grip medallions, round dimpled ejector rod button, and the round loading gate introduced in 1957. The revolver likely shipped in 1957 in the more common but still rare "black wreath" box.

The LWSC in this package is a high condition gun with light holster wear at the left muzzle and moderate holster wear at the end of the ejector rod housing. The LWSC has most of the same features as the all-blue LWAC (gate, button, medallions) but the thicker trigger was introduced in the same era over the course of parts evolution. This LWSC would have likely shipped in 1958.

SPF $3275 shipped FFL to FFL (if I split them up, my shipped prices will add up to $3700)

aCU65fw.jpg

MYg7utC.jpg

o2dk2vu.jpg

mjBsnzx.jpg

3MY4TaI.jpg

Km0KWm7.jpg

DW9scA1.jpg

ClWONv5.jpg