SPF - Ruger Single-Ten Blued Prototype Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

davb45

Bearcat
SOLD Ruger Single-Ten Blued Prototype Revolver. Catalog number NR-4-10. I purchased this at the 2014 NRA Annual Meeting NRA Foundation Banquet (I was a volunteer worker there.) This was one of the items on silent auction. Looks like it was tested at the factory but, unfired by me since purchase. Please see the photos at the link below.
http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/davb45/slideshow/Ruger Single Ten
The plastic case, lock, auction paperwork and the Ruger letter I obtained is included. $650 shipped FFL to FFL. Please email questions to me at [email protected]. Thanks for your interest.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Wondering why you are indicating it is a prototype revolver, the serial number does not indicate a prototype, and didn't see anything on the letter from Ruger saying it was a prototype?

I may be missing something that I didn't see. Do you have some kind of documentation from Ruger saying it is a prototype?

Thanks!

kysinglesix

Single-Sixer
Not certain but I'm pretty sure the factory guns were all made in stainless so this blue version would have to be a proto type or some sort of limited edition version.

Just my two cents.

davb45

Bearcat
See the description on the NRA Foundation auction document. I was disappointed that Ruger didn't provide more detail in their letter, as well. All I can provide is the information that represented the revolver at the auction.

My guess is this revolver is the prototype/sample for the Lipsey's exclusive blued Single Ten revolver offering. Their exclusive has a 4 5/8" barrel while yours has a 5 1/2" barrel...

What is the model number on the box? Note the catalog # the OP lists is for the 4 5/8" model but his barrel is clearly longer than that.

CraigC

Hawkeye
kysinglesix said:
Not certain but I'm pretty sure the factory guns were all made in stainless so this blue version would have to be a proto type or some sort of limited edition version.

Just my two cents.
As was posted, there was a full blue version only available through Lipsey's.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Looks like a model 8102 that was the Lipsey's exclusive model as other posters have mentioned.

I'd forward the documentation from the NRA back to Ruger with their copy of the letter they provided and ask them to issue you a new one. Factory prototypes are a pretty rare thing and are usually marked with a unique number like 880-XXXXX or 800-XXXXX. That does not mean that this is not a factory prototype, but without a factory letter stating such, to me it's value would be that of a 8102.

Just my 2 bits...

If you watch Pawn Stars they see a lot of "certificates of authenticity" come in, but they rely on an experts opinion to verify. Now if some thing came in with a Colt letter, that's a different thing. Think you have the same situation here.

RD18

Single-Sixer
Well it is a beauty it is 5 1/2 " barrel --box has a yellow sticker AM86 and a blue sticker dated 7/8/13 believe this to be an inventory sticker. Production date would have been 2011 based on S/N after all my research I believe it to be a prototype. The only blue guns made were Lipsey exclusives and they were 4 5/8 " and I don't think they came out till 2012 , anyway I have sent a request to Ruger to verify. Thanks to Barry for getting it to me. Russ