SPF Ruger Single Six Stainless KS9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kanook

Buckeye
:shock: Looks like it's at auction now http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=392346852

side by side

Single-Sixer
Revolver Arrived Yesterday, entire grip frame badly pitted, chip out of grip(the one not showen in photo) front sight damaged,deep scratches on ejector rod housing, and to top it off the gun was advertised as "Unfired" there is lead on the top strap, forcing cone has fresh lead(it is a used gun). I'm trying to resolve this issue with the seller, but up until now I'm getting no responce. I have pictures to back everything up. I''ll keep everyone informed on this. I have send seller a few messages, his one and only reply this gun is considered a "SAFE QUEEN" I think he should stand behind what he sells and accept a return! Pictures will be posted tonight if we don't come to an agreement.

alas, but gun alloy stainless can indeed "pit", it stains and it will rust, one of the main issues with some of the early Ruger stainless castings are voids, look like pitting, more often found in the Old Armys..............put a pair of rubber grips on ANY 'stainless' firearm, wether S&W or Ruger and see what happens under the rubber grips in time, if you do not oil or grease them .....wish I had a half penny for every stainless steel gun part we ever had to polish over the years, I would be RICH !!!!!! :shock:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
While I always think it's a must-do to ask questions before the sale, to avoid mentioning such obvious things (chipped grip, finish issue, having been fired previously) is a HUGE mistake! I certainly would expect a seller to make things right even if that means a full refund including shipping. NOT good!

RugerLiberty's

Single-Sixer
Been away from the computer for a couple days helping a relative with cancer. I get back and find out I'm being bashed on this forum. I was quite shocked by it. I've been on this forum for many years and have never even tried to sell a gun that is in this supposed condition. I have a 100% feedback rating on Gunbroker as well. The pics I posted for the ad will show that this is in very good condition for being 40. I owned this for four years and was tough to decide to sell it but times are tough. I value and appreciate these rare collectibles and you can be assured that I would not let it sit for that long with powder residue on it. And no, I never fired this. Side by Side, early on, you mentioned you had been collecting for 38 years. I would think that you would have asked for additional or closer pics to verify condition before saying "I'll take it". That is something I always do and I'm sure many others do as well. I'm sure we will come to a fair agreement to resolve this but I do not appreciate the slanderous posts and PM's. Each time you post something you change the version and twist my words. That perhaps tells me a bit about your character.

I have "ZERO DOG" in this fight, but I have done a few deals with RL, he has always been a fine chap, you two need to talk about this im PM's like the grown men you are.

I have had a few come back, most the time I was right and the seller just changed his mind, cost me a few in shipping to jet in back to me. thats the price ya pay, some times.
Scott

side by side

Single-Sixer
Review Pictures posted in the Lounge,
I agree about being a man and taking this to PMs. I did and Scott (LR) doesn't reply.
Five PMs started last night,only one he replied to,only telling me it's 40yrs old, that doesn't explain the rust and pits in the finish. Look at the pictures.

side by side

Single-Sixer
Look at the pictures in the Lounge, I didn't change my mind, the condition did!
I agree on doing this in a PM, Scott will not reply.

RugerLiberty's said:
The pics I posted for the ad will show that this is in very good condition for being 40. I owned this for four years and was tough to decide to sell it but times are tough. I value and appreciate these rare collectibles and you can be assured that I would not let it sit for that long with powder residue on it. And no, I never fired this. Side by Side, early on, you mentioned you had been collecting for 38 years. I would think that you would have asked for additional or closer pics to verify condition before saying "I'll take it". .

Bottom line, this gun was advertised as new both here and on gunbroker. I clearly was not new and had handling defects on the grip. The frame "pitting" IMO is probably from the factory as to me they look like casting pits but I could be wrong. Bottom line this was a misleading description at best and outright fraud at worst. When a gun is advertised as new, additional pics are not required . Everybody knows what new looks like and this isn't it. Shame on the seller

wolfsong

Staff member
What part of unfired can possibly mean anything but unfired? "I haven't fired it" does not even remotely equate to "unfired".

I can understand that a new-in-box, unfired gun needs no lising/description of any flaws from use or handling. But a 40 year old "safe queen" that has had even one round fired through it since it left the factory should be presented completely and honestly. Anything else is deceptive and fraudulent, in my book.

Not good...