South Texas javelina

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
This Collared Peccary had two young ones and even though she let me get pretty close she let me know that she was not too happy with me. In fact the Mexican cook at our camp in Laredo saw what was going on and came to tell me that it was 'time to go'. :? Dr.C

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Yeah, when I'm out walking with the pooch every other day there's small groups of them that often cross the roads in front of us. I just stop, stand still, tell the dog to shut up, and let them pass. They see us and move on thru with no problems. You don't want to antagonize them in any way.
HH

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Yeah, an adult or group of them can really take a dog to task if he or she goes charging at them, they won't do it again if they survive. They make great pets if you can get one young enough and kind of raise it up. My aunt and uncle, who always lived out in the country, had one when you could do it without the Game and Fish getting on you about having a wild animal, way back in the early '50's. It would go hunting with the dogs and follow my uncle around like a dog; thought it was just another dog. Neat little animals.
HH

Latest posts