SOLD: Ruger #1 CHP Commemorative in .357 Magnum (California)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gryff

Bearcat
Sold to Flattop44

Make/Model: Ruger #1 in .357 Magnum (California Highway Patrol Limited Edition)

Caliber: .357 Magnum

Condition: The gun is in Excellent+ condition. It is mechanically perfect, and I do not believe it has ever been fired. If it has, less than a dozen rounds have been shot through it because I cannot find any powder residue anywhere on it (which is why I haven't shot it myself despite wanting to). My father was the original owner, and he purchased the rifle for its collector's appeal rather than having an interest in shooting it.

The only flaws on the gun are minor marks from being stored in a safe. No major scratches on the wood or metal (see last picture for most noticeable scratch). I can't say that the gun is in 100% NIB condition, but it is pretty close to 98-99%. No box or paperwork included.

Price: $1000.

Will ship (Y/N): Yes, at buyer's expense.

Other info: The following is an excerpt from a recent Ruger Archives auction on Gunbroker for an identical rifle:

This is a No. 1 Medium Sporter, single-shot rifle in .357 Magnum caliber. This limited edition series (less than 2,000 made) was sold by A.P.B. magazine, a publication of the California Highway Patrol. "CALIFORNIA ASSN. OF HIGHWAY PATROLMEN," "LIMITED EDITION," and their flying-wheel logo, are rollmarked on the left-side of the receiver. It has a beautiful American walnut stock with a satin finish and a red rubber buttpad with the Ruger eagle logo. The pistol grip and Alexander Henry-style forearm are hand checkered to a borderless design, 20 lines to the inch. Other features include a hammer-forged 22" barrel; quick detachable sling swivels; adjustable folding leaf rear sight mounted on a quarter rib with a ramp front sight base and dovetail-type gold bead front sight.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=396471601

This limited production run is the only time the #1 has been chambered for .357 Magnum.

no1-1.jpg

no1-2.jpg

no1-3.jpg

no1-4.jpg

no1-5.jpg

no1-6.jpg