SOLD PF - Texas Longhorn Arms Flat Top Target - serial # 2!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtratoy

Buckeye
Boge Quinn said:
tek4260 said:
Nice! Where's Boge? :)

Sittin' here broke as a preacher, and already envious of whomever gets this one!

If I hadn't just acquired a beautiful matched pair of Number Fives........
Is it just a coincidence that Boge got married recently......... :lol:

cubrock said:
Wyandot Jim said:
cubrock said:
I was told it was put in his dad's presidential library for a time. Whether this is true or not, I can't confirm. The library would never return my inquiries. However, if that is true, that might have been mentioned in the article and given the connection to his dad.

Well I still think it was for GEO Sr.
Jim

I own the picture of him presenting it to Gov. George W. Bush in 1996, the thank you letter from Gov. Bush, the Texas state flag Gov. Bush sent with the letter, news articles about it, and recorded interviews about it. It was George W. Bush when he was governor, no doubt.

If you can find documentation that he also gave one to President George H. W. Bush, I'd love to see it, as I'd like to include that in the book. Based on my research, though, he gave only one presentation gun away to an elected official and it was Governor Bush in 1996.

I'm sure you are correct.
I don't know how you would reserch the Old Houton Chronical Copies :cry: I do remember it was in the Sunday Chronical Texas Magazine.
Jim

cubrock

Blackhawk
Jim,

I'm really hoping you are right and he gave a gun to both men. I'd love to write that up. However, the idea to give one to Gov. Bush came at the advice of a consultant he did not have when Bush 41 was in office. I don't think Grover would have thought of that on his own.

I will look to see if I have any articles from the Chronicle in my research material. I wound up with a lot of the stuff Grover had in his office and he tended to keep at least one copy of any press he got. I might have the article you reference.

If you do find or remember something else, please do let me know. I want the book to be as complete as possible. Thanks!

warren5421

Single-Sixer
Don't think it is as good looking as my SAA engraved.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2350638815376.134629.1532293222&l=4f5f21bd66&type=1

cubrock

Blackhawk
warren5421 said:
Don't think it is as good looking as my SAA engraved.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2350638815376.134629.1532293222&l=4f5f21bd66&type=1

Warren,

They are like children - you can't compare them. :)

warren5421

Single-Sixer
I know. Would love to buy yours but I like being in the wifes bed much better. :D :lol: :oops: :roll:

cubrock

Blackhawk
warren5421 said:
I know. Would love to buy yours but I like being in the wifes bed much better. :D :lol: :oops: :roll:

You have your priorities straight! :D

radicalrod

Hunter
Heck I would have NO PROBLEM sleeping on the couch if I could swing that gun :lol: :lol: :lol: I spend a LOT OF TIME there anyways :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR.

Hombre

Bearcat
cubrock

I read where silver was considered as trade, Pm me with how many silver halfs it would take for a trade, I have rolls of 1964 90% silver uncirculated...........also have 99.9% bullion. Thanks

Randy

Latest posts