sold Oregon 44 bullets Post Closed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bowfishn

Bearcat
I have 2 boxes of 50 Oregon Trail Trueshot Cast Bullets 44 Caliber (430 Diameter) 310 Grain Lead Flat Nose with Gas Checks.
My new Ruger SRH takes .431 bullets, so I have these 2 new boxes for sale $40.00 for the pair 100 bullets tyd in the Continental USA
Shane

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Before you sell have you tried shooting them. They should be just what you need. A thousandths difference with cast bullets should not make that much difference.

44shootist

Single-Sixer
agree Use them, most factory jacked bullets come either .429 or .430 and shoot the same so if you have .430 and need .431 you will never know the difference shooting them.

bowfishn

Bearcat
My cylinder throats are .4317 , not my first rodeo with cast bullets, have a mold coming in and have a sizing die that should give me between .431 and .4315 after sizing, will shoot those. My other SRH had throats .001 smaller shot the .430" just fine.
Cast bullets like a fit close to the throat diameter .001 to .0015 smaller bullet allows to much blow by. Barrel Tapers from .4302 to .4297 at the muzzle, a .0005" choked barrel.
Will just throw them in the pot and melt them down if no one wants them, but won't waste powder and primer shooting them.

bowfishn

Bearcat
Already have fired them through the Revolver a few weeks ago, chronograph reviled a 75 fps drop in velocity with same load over a revolver with proper fit. Also if 6 shots are fired without waiting for the revolver to cool such as all 6 within 10 seconds, there is a drop per shot of about 12 fps with the last one ending up a total of 70 fps slower than with a cold cylinder and barrel.(145 fps slower than the revolver with proper fit )
Let the cylinder and barrel cool down and it duplicates the first string. This also shows the bullet is too small for the throats and barrel, more heat greater throat diameter more blow by.

I will not be able to get the performance or accuracy I want from these bullets in a revolver that has the dimensions that mine has, not up for debate, just wanted to sell the ones I will not use.