SOLD-OM 44 Flat Top Price Drop #2!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This old model flat top 44 mag has the 6 1/2" barrel, correct XR3 grip frame and grips and is in pretty nice shape for as old as it is. It has the original style lock work but it had been converted sometime in the past then restored to the original 4 click lock work. Remember, this means it is safest to carry it with the hammer down on an empty chamber. The grips have some wear ans scratches but they do have some very nice grain in the wood. The blue has so slight wear on the typical spots on the end of the barrel and on the heel and toe edges of the grip frame.

The shipped price is $825 from my FFL to the buyers FFL via USPS Priority Mail and a couple of payments is fine with me.

Now $799
Now $775

SOLD

The first "I will take it" followed by a PM gets it locked up.

Thank you,

Robb
FAKLoPE.jpg

0mQwbWw.jpg

WilbeLead

Bearcat
So just to let us know what is the # on your gun?
I like guns made in 1959. So members are looking for other years.
Later
Wilbe Lead

Idiocyabounds

Bearcat
Darn! Was looking for one of these 6 months ago to go along with my FT 357, but gave up and bought a perfect OM BH 45lc 7.5" instead. Oh well.... someone should take this one!

The only "modification" on the gun is a capitol R stamp under the grip frame. The original parts have been reinstalled. The only reason I even mentioned the issue is that there is one custom revolver smith who prefers not to use guns that have been back to the factory for the transfer bar conversion for custom projects, even if the original parts have been put back in like they have on this gun.

princeout

Blackhawk
A great price on a nice example of the old large frame flat top!
The smith in question is a lawyer by degree and I think he got his degree way back before he became a popular gunsmith. I know I heard him state the info on converted guns at least 10 years back.

Tempting gun Robb! Wish I had something to trade you for it!
Tim