[SOLD] [New Mexico, USA] Ruger Redhawk .41 Magnum SS 5.5"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EarlyMon

Bearcat
17685707910_2254bbc843_c.jpg

I'm the original owner of this Ruger Redhawk .41 Magnum in stainless steel with a 5 1/2" barrel, purchased June 4, 1991.

About the stocks:
  • I have an empty box for the Pachmayr Gripper PHK-G grips - but I don't think that this is an earlier wooden version of those. And as you can see, they don't follow the traditional Hogue lines either.
  • In any case, they're nice and thick around the midrange - I have long fingers and a deep palm swell, and these really did the trick.
  • I have the original stocks - in perfect condition, used exactly once.

About the colors:
  • It has no bluish tint as suggested above - that's an artifact of me trying to adjust the photo (contrast and brightness for reflections) to show the excellent condition.
  • In real life, the front insert is not pink, orange, or rust. It's a proper dull red (not neon) and if you're familiar with the older Rugers, that needs no explanation.
  • The stocks are far more colorful than that picture shows, so I'm attaching a shot that's more representative - as you can see, adjusting exposure for the grips blows out the stainless details - as I'm sure others have experienced trying to snap a stainless gun of any sort.
  • 17871515412_22154114f0.jpg

• That's not a blemish below the screw, that black splotch is just the way that burl photographed for me.

About what else comes with:
  • Original box inside original brown shipping box - both in *perfect* condition.
  • Original owner's manual, ditto on the condition.
  • Owner's registration card, never used. :D
  • Original stocks, I already mentioned.
  • The zippered gun case you see pictured. It's not perfect on the outside, just pretty ok, a few stains, no tears.

About the gun itself:
  • As stated - .41 Magnum, stainless, 5.5" barrel.
  • Adjustable rear sight, with white notch outline still perfect.
  • No slack, no rattling, no clockwork issues - only fired off-the-shelf ammo its entire life, never anything hot.
  • Never been dropped or abused in any way.
  • Never been gunsmithed nor does it need any now.
  • Only cleaned with Hoppe's and an original Outer's Foul Out - no harsh brushing or scrubbing or scrapping of the barrel, ever. If you've never used an Outer's Foul Out, get one or build one - electrochemistry and reverse electroplating for all bore fouling removal cannot be beat.
  • Cleaning has always included Ruger's recommended removal and separate cleaning of the trigger/hammer assembly.
  • The trigger/hammer assembly has had *zero* adjustments. It's never needed adjusting.
  • The mainspring has had *zero* adjustments. It's never needed adjusting.
  • The crown has no wear of any kind.
  • The clockwork is superb.
  • It has no physical blemishes of any kind, other than the face of the cylinder.
  • The cylinder face shows some black discoloration. I'm aware that I can take it to the beauty shop courtesy of some car polish and make it shine like new. My buddy does that with his S&W .500 - as for me, I've been trying to decide for years if I've wanted to do that. I didn't grow up using car polish on a handgun, some of you may know what I mean. :lol:

About me:
  • I'm a private individual living in New Mexico, USA where I purchased this fine revolver.
  • I am not nor have ever been associated with any gun dealer, maker, etc etc etc.
  • I've sized the biggest picture to 800px wide and stated my residence as well as put it in my profile, so I *think* and *hope* I've followed the rules on all this. :oops:
  • I've never sold a gun or anything else online, so I hope this has been a good format to cover everything.
  • I'd hoped to have this one all my life, but times change. I've got 7 grandkids and my arthritis isn't getting any better. I'd rather my Redhawk find a good owner who will cherish it as much as I have.

Other pictures are cheerfully available upon request - I don't know what you'd like to see, so I took a guess. Obviously from lurking, I can see that some of you are far better than I at getting pictures of your Rugers. I've taken these and edited them with my cell phone - sorry, best I can do.

Asking price:
  • $800.00 + shipping and taxes (I don't know if that matters or not)
  • I'm way ok with the buyer helping to arrange the shipping so it's all legal and proper and you're protected along with me.
  • From looking around for over 3 months, my price is either high or low depending on which particular ones were sold. As I can't vouch for the condition of those others, I've decided to set what I think seemed like a fair price and entertain reasonable offers. Too reasonable and I won't part with it. :)

OK, I hope I've followed all of the rules and I hope that even if you're not buying, you've enjoyed seeing an original .41 Magnum Redhawk, I guess there aren't many of these around.

Beautiful 41! I had it's twin for awhile but the grip shape just beat my broken thumb knuckle up too bad or I would still own it. Also, one of the best ads I have seen on the forum. Very clear, thorough and question free. I am sure this will find a new home soon.

Cholo

Staff member
EarlyMon, price and state of residence is all that's required on this Forum. Good luck with your very well written ad!

k22fan

Blackhawk
Those look like Badger grips. http://www.badgercustomgrips.com/custom-grips/ruger.html
Gook luck with your sale.

EarlyMon

Bearcat
k22fan said:
Those look like Badger grips. http://www.badgercustomgrips.com/custom-grips/ruger.html
Gook luck with your sale.
Thanks!

Yep, they could well be.

It's been too long - most likely I had a pair of Pachmayr's on right away and that's how I got the box. (I'm now on safari in my stuff for that, will toss those in if I find them.)

I do recall taking my Redhawk to a gun show, specifically to get the best grips I could find. And I remember because while one of my buddies immediately started in dickering over price on my behalf, I growled at him and started laying money down - no questions asked. :D

The lamo camo was the new look back then, and these matched my boy's Ruger 10/22 stock closely enough.

Ruger - bringing father and son together for generations! :)

EarlyMon

Bearcat
Ok, very fair offer kindly accepted.

What a great forum - people here are fine, and definitely engaging. :)

Per the site guidelines, I'm leaving the post alone and have marked the thread sold in hopes of helping others buying and selling in future.

Latest posts