SOLD- Huntington 480 New Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevem

Single-Sixer
SOLD- Huntington 480 New Vaquero, It's a little sweetheart......and it shoots better than it looks! Here is a link to the build (photobucket may have got most of the pics)
http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/12910/480-vaquero-pics-start-finish

..........lowered to $3300 plus we split the shipping- to your ffl from an individual. Certified funds

Barrel: re-bored N frame S&W 4 3/4"
Sights: front- Baughman ramp blade, rear S&W adjustable.
Base pin: Belt Mtn. #5
Scalloped recoil shield/loading gate
Finish: Turnbull CCH/ High polish blue
Hammer: Super Blackhawk
Grip frame: Huntington re shaped/ extended, internal lock removed
Grips: English walnut by Huntington

paul105

Single-Sixer
Just to clarify -- this is a 5 shot, mid frame new vaquero -- right?

Do you know how much the gun weight.

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks,

Paul

stevem

Single-Sixer
paul105 said:
Just to clarify -- this is a 5 shot, mid frame new vaquero, with Jack's grip frame modification -- right?

Do you know how much the gun weight.

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks,

Paul

Yes, It's an over sized 5 shot cylinder on a mid frame New Vaquero. It does have Jack's reshaped/extented grip frame mod. and the internal lock has been removed. It weighs 42.6 oz. unloaded

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
I've admired that gun for a long time. One of the best customs out there IMO, just wish I could swing it!

Slotted pins, frame scallops, welded topstrap to mate better with the S&W barrel, fire blue small parts... the list of small touches goes on.

dougader

Hunter
I remember when you had this one built. I've been putting together gun and parts to have a build done pretty darn close to this one, Steve. Sorry you need to sell, sorrier still that I don't have the funds to buy this one!

stevem

Single-Sixer
Another neat/unique thing about this gun is that the barrel has European proof marks on it. The original Smith & Wesson model 29 (that the donor barrel came off of) was in Europe at some point. Jack Huntington thinks England? But neatly hidden under the base pin are these proof marks-

Plus, here are a few more pics.

No internal lock!

SK

Single-Sixer
I dont post "impressed" comments often, but Huntington did an amazing job on this piece. Thats a work of art!

stevem

Single-Sixer
This is as low as I can do, otherwise it get's to stay in the safe (which is fine)

$3300 plus we split the shipping- (should be around 50-60 bucks ea. ballpark figure) .......certified funds from an individual to your ffl

dougader

Hunter
How I wish I could swing this right now. Out of work since May, so the wife would certainly kill me if I bought this... someone needs to snag this little package of 480 Ruger-ness. What a beaut! Look at that walnut! Look at that CCH! Wow, just wow!

Latest posts