Sold FA 97 44Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Slightly used, good shooter but doesn't work for me. $2000 shipped to your FFL. PM me for pics if interested.

dwayne

Single-Sixer
I have a FA97 in 44 special. It's my all around favorite. I'm sure someone would enjoy this revolver that's for sale. Just a heads up: folks that are interested in a FA revolver will want to know more about the basics … Grade? Grips? Barrel length? Action job? Any special treatments? Condition? Pic's would help a lot … including one of the box end that shows the details. GLWS.

princeout

Blackhawk
Malcolm's pictures

7vD2IIC.jpg

ItDPSSt.jpg

xBbJYcL.jpg

LL93vcj.jpg

This is a nice FA. It passed through here in Oklahoma a while back.

princeout

Blackhawk
Here's a few more pictures from 2019 when this gun was passing through. Noticed I tried to copy Robb's trademarked moss background.

tDYChjH.jpg

qmMOdTI.jpg

YHhCnys.jpg

ctc3pQo.jpg

Bear in mind these last 4 pictures were a couple of years ago. Really nice gun for the 44 Special lovers out there looking!

Tim

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Just so I will know. Is the .44 special on a different sized frame gun as their .44 mag.? Would they fit a .44 mag cylinder to this gun?

thor's daddy

Bearcat
Just so I will know. Is the .44 special on a different sized frame gun as their .44 mag.? Would they fit a .44 mag cylinder to this gun?
The 97 is indeed a smaller framed gun than the Model 83, and no, Freedom Arms will not fit one with a 44 Magnum cylinder.

paul105

Single-Sixer
Several years ago, I contacted Jack Huntington http://www.jrhadvancedgunsmithing.com/ about rechambering my FA97 .44 special to .44 magnum. After talking for a while he agreed to do it (wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be running hot rodded .44 mags thru the re chamber). The FA97s are limited to an oal of approx 1.600" and some bullets will not chamber unless "deep seated" which will increase pressures. As it turned out I never had the gun rechambered.

These are pretty strong revolvers and very effective .44 special handloads can be developed by a knowledgeable, experienced handloader. I really enjoy mine.

FWIW,

Paul