Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
... Hunter grip frame:

61d1594ede1eb50022d29f6f18d897d449e7fa6.jpg

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
Congrats on a beauty !

My brother just picked up one of these the other day and I got a chance to shoot it. It shoots great, what a nice gun.
I love the plow handle grip frame, 5.5bbl and the fluted cylinder. IMO Ruger hit it out of the park with this one.

z1r

Single-Sixer
Looks nice. For those uneducated folks amongst us, namely me, what is the difference between the SBH grip frame and the Hunter? Other than the square back trigger guard. Does the Hunter have the SBH length grip panels minus the square back?

z1r said:
Looks nice. For those uneducated folks amongst us, namely me, what is the difference between the SBH grip frame and the Hunter? Other than the square back trigger guard. Does the Hunter have the SBH length grip panels minus the square back?
You got it right. Same length and grips as square trigger guard. The hunter grip frames can be hard to find.
Eric

z1r

Single-Sixer
eric conrad said:
z1r said:
You got it right. Same length and grips as square trigger guard. The hunter grip frames can be hard to find.
Eric

Thanks. Funny, I've been shooting a late 80's 5.5" SBH with the round guard and never noticed that the grip panels were smaller than the square back SS 7.5" SBH I have. Then again, my heaviest loads are fired in the 7.5".

I like the fact that Armybrat's is SS. Nice job.

BearBio

Buckeye
Armybrat said:
Just put some "Bonded Ivory" grip panels on from Altamont - they feel & look like the real thing, not plastic:

33715145d214bd04b6f06b110824182b7d94f12.jpg

Being bonded ivory, they should age to a nice yellowish/gold.

The 454 stopped my watch the first time I fired it. With 260 grainers, it's dead on at 15 yards (about a 1.5", 3 shot group=that's all I can shoot before I start flinching)

Latest posts