Ruger standard red eagle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Grim Reaper

Bearcat
Hi All. Hope this finds you and yours well.
I have been toying with the idea of getting a Ruger red eagle. I know very little about these. I know that it was 1951 that they stopped using the red eagle on the grip. OK, what i would like to know is, will it hurt the value if one is reblued? Only up until recently, I believe they were pretty much in line with the black eagle standards.
Next question, what is the difference between the standard and the Mark I?
Also what type box did these come in? I have read a little about the cod fish boxes, but am not familiar with them. Was there a cardboard box inside? If so, what did it look like? Is there a reference book with this information?
Thanks in advance for any help. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Chris

Blackhawk
Do you want a shooter or something to add to your collection....
Collector is always always always Condition Condition and Condition....

Info ...... http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=130196

Grim Reaper

Bearcat
Hey, Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. The link was very helpful, but also has created more questions.

I really just wanted a red eagle. Just because they are a little more rare than the standard black eagle. A friend got one, and piqued my interest. If I got one, I would probably shoot about a hundred rounds through it and put in the safe. That's what I have done with the black eagles I have. Of course, I would have to have the correct box and any stuff that came with it. It drives me crazy that I am that way. Oh well!!
Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!!
Grim

Latest posts