Ruger single six, case hardened frame. Price drop!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

copierfixer

Bearcat
WTS--Ruger Single six, color case hardened frame. Made in 2001-2003 as a distributor gun.
Barrel length is 4 5/8", steel grip frame, steel ejector housing, simulated ivory grips. Looks to be unfired, .22 lr only. $475.00 includes shipping and insurance to your FFL.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Nice offering of your BNV-224-SI. Just for your info there are two variations,,the first one (yours) has the barrel rollmark on the left side and the second (clean up guns) had the roll mark on the bottom,,the clean up guns are the hardest to find,,at least for me.
Best with your sale.
Terry

gunsbam69

Hunter
Joe,

No need to chop on it :mrgreen: About the most common fixed sight .32 out there is just like it, with the exception of the scrimshaw. MOST of these in .32 have the short grip frame. The picture off Gunblast shows the difference. It's 1/4' shorter than the standard XR3-RED. There are some in .32 out there with the standard XR3-RED rather than the short, but they're hard to find. The catalog number will have an -S at the end for short on the short models. I've missed 3 of the full size ones by hours :roll: I have more than I can shoot anyway :mrgreen: If you decide to get a .32 like this, and don't like the grip frame, it's an easy fix :D I bought a few Bisley cylinders in .32 so I'll have one that fits when I decide to convert one. One of these in .32 with a bull barrel converted to a Bisley would just be awesome :!: If anybody has one, let's see it :D

Brian

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Brian,

+1 on not chopping a BNV 224SI. The SSM4-FI is exactly the same gun except for the scrimshaw and already chambered in 32 H&R.

That picture off GunBlast is a little misleading and mislabeled though. The short grip is not an XR3 it's an XR-3 and KXR-3 in stainless. The picture should show the grip tracings with the forestraps lined up instead of the front vertical edge. That would show the short grip actually being the same as the XR3-RED grip except for length. The XR3 grip is closer to the trigger guard by an 1/8" more than the short grip and the XR3-RED grip.

Cary's sketch makes it clear. The arrow points to the short grip actual profile except for the length:
F-gripsquare3.jpg

gunsbam69

Hunter
Right Hondo44. I went back and looked at my post. I edited the description of the shorty grip frame to just short to save the confusion. I must have been half asleep :mrgreen: I didn't actually know the designated number for the shorty, just dropped the K, and didn't even notice the mistake :roll: Just wanted Joe to see the length difference. Bump for a purty .22 :D