Ruger m77 flatbolt .284

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jehall1985

Bearcat
I posted this in another area but maybe is more appropriate here.

Looking for some advice.

I have a flat bolt 284 that appears to be brand new. I purchased this a number of years ago at a gun show. The serial number dates it to 71. It's in the original box with tags, rings, and manual and the box is in great condition. I don't know much about rugers as I'm into 1911s. My question is should I just hold onto this. I find little information on it out there. I bought it in the hopes of it appreciating in value. Can't get a feel if it is. A friend suggested I post it to the experts

Thanks
Jim from PA

Hi your 284 FB is not an easy one to find the prices do not seem as high as they once were folks don't seem to be parting with their money like they use too I have seen asking prices $700-$1500 Who knows what the market will bring I have been looking for a nice one so if you are thinking of selling PM me and I will get back to you

GRAMPS

chet15

Hawkeye
.284 is an awesome caliber in the M77, and I believe they are only in the flatbolt variation except for a couple of small distributor runs in 1987 and 1989.
The .284 was originally offered at the same time as the equally scarce 6.5 Rem and .350 Rem, and dropped during the flatbolt era.
Those three calibers with sights are even rarer.
Chet15