Rubber Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eo1bart

Bearcat
I'm looking to replace my wood grips with rubber ones. Has anyone tried the Ruger or Pearce rubber grips?
Bart

scottl

Bearcat
I prefer the Pachmayr's.

The Radical Concepts have a harder more plastic feel to them.Going to get another set of Ruger Medallions for the Pachmayrs.

eveled

Hawkeye
Thanks Scott, I have been thinking of picking up a pearce grip, so I can still swap around grips for different looks. I have also been tempted by the pachmayrs, they look so functional, and I know they make a quality product. The Ruger emblems will look nice on yours.

The Pachmayr grips with the wood inserts look sharp too. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KOVND4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0C77G3SDY7GC3BJ6ZXYW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846 Ed

revhigh

Hawkeye
Try some VZ's ... They have great grip in varying degrees of texture, and don't have that hideous rubber wraparound piece. :D

REV

edlmann

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Try some VZ's ... They have great grip in varying degrees of texture, and don't have that hideous rubber wraparound piece.

But I like the hideous rubber wraparound piece.

I have very large hands and the Pachmayr GM-45C are just about perfect for my hands with a flat mainspring housing.

revhigh

Hawkeye
edlmann said:
revhigh said:
Try some VZ's ... They have great grip in varying degrees of texture, and don't have that hideous rubber wraparound piece.

But I like the hideous rubber wraparound piece.

I have very large hands and the Pachmayr GM-45C are just about perfect for my hands with a flat mainspring housing.

Agree on the flat MSH ... The grips are still hideous .... :D

REV

eo1bart

Bearcat
Unfortunately I have small hands, so I think the wrap around style would be too large. The Pearce grips claim to be "thin" that's why I was looking at them. I'm not sure if the Ruger rubber grips are any thinner than their stock wood grips. I'm told that they are made for Ruger by Hogue and are the same as their Govt. Model Rubber Grip Panels

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think VZ makes thin grips as well.

The grip you get with those grips without having to squeeze hard is phenomenal. They're not cheap, but what is cheap that's really good ?

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
Ruger makes those black grips, which I think are close to the hard rubber grips I use on some of my Colts. Probably need to order some. The wrap around pachs are going to be large in your hand.

dlidster

Single-Sixer
I have the Ruger black rubber grip and love them. (I also put a pair on my Mark III 22/45.) I replaced the grips that came on my SR1911 a week after I got it more than two years ago. This decision was based on my love for the rubber grips on my CZ 75B. (I love everything about that gun.)

I have a set of the Pachmayr wraparound grips that I've tried on both the SR1911 and the 22/45. I don't like them at all. I sold them to one of the guys in my USPSA club. He tried them on both his 1911 and his 22/45 and didn't like them, either. I accepted a return. They're in my parts box waiting for a home somewhere.

eo1bart

Bearcat
dlidster said:
I have the Ruger black rubber grip and love them. (I also put a pair on my Mark III 22/45.) I replaced the grips that came on my SR1911 a week after I got it more than two years ago. This decision was based on my love for the rubber grips on my CZ 75B. (I love everything about that gun.)

Are the Ruger rubber grips the same thickness as the stock wood grips?

dlidster

Single-Sixer
eo1bart said:

They're the same. The grips are made for Ruger by Hogue and so labeled on the back surface. The Hogue grips for the 22/45 (with no Ruger logo) are thinner. I bought a pair, then returned them because I was not happy with the "thinness." (Hogue was very understanding and nice about it.) I then purchased another pair of the Ruger grips from the Ruger Store and put them on my 22/45. I'm very happy with them on both guns.

BTW, I think the grips are fairly priced at $14.00.

http://shopruger.com/SR1911-FF00801-Rubber-Grip-Panel-Pair/productinfo/64036/

eo1bart

Bearcat
dlidster said:
eo1bart said:

I'm actually looking for thin grips due to my small hand size. I was thinking of getting the Ruger/Hogue rubber grips, and sanding them down until they feel right. Thanks

dlay

Bearcat
eo1bart said:
Unfortunately I have small hands, so I think the wrap around style would be too large. The Pearce grips claim to be "thin" that's why I was looking at them. I'm not sure if the Ruger rubber grips are any thinner than their stock wood grips. I'm told that they are made for Ruger by Hogue and are the same as their Govt. Model Rubber Grip Panels

Look at the Hogue grips, I have them and love them, midway usa for $12.

eo1bart

Bearcat
dlay said:
eo1bart said:

Look at the Hogue grips, I have them and love them, midway usa for $12.

Thanks I just ordered the Hogue's

Latest posts