RPR wait time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fumbles

Bearcat
I ordered my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as they started taking orders at my LGS, here in So. Cal. I was the 6th person to order one at my particular store. After I plunked down my deposit they told me a 2-4 months wait. Subsequent people were being told 4-6 months and then the store stopped taking orders because the wait time is now supposedly over a year.

And yet I read all the time about people who already have theirs, elsewhere in the country.

Is California being dissed here?

What are you folks hearing about availability and wait times for the Precision Rifle, specifically in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Thanks.

Waveform

Bearcat
I hear Davidson's is getting them in and shipping them out to dealers as fast as they get them (they're "allocated" so you can't buy one using the Gun Genie.) I'm reading range reports on 6.5 and 308 rifles on another forum and guys saying they're getting theirs in days or weeks. Others have been told months like you. I've heard the 6.5 Creedmoor is supposed to be the easiest to get. I've been on a list for about three weeks now (6.5) and haven't heard a peep. I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm and may hold off and see how the early adopters fare with a new product.

Are the CA dealers treated differently? Are there more hoops to jump through for a dealer to get a rifle? I thought CADOJ list was only handguns.