Reloading scales preference

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Just remember you get what you pay for.

Jimbo357mag said:
After reading this thread I got out my $35 Frankford Arsenal portable digital and gave it a try alongside my Lee scale. I found out it still wanders around '0' and the really frustrating thing is the auto-shut off and having to reset the tare weight. I just can't trust it and I work better with the manual scale. ...so I packed it back up. It might work for measuring one thing after another like bullets but for powder ...no thanks.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
Just remember you get what you pay for.
My $25 Lee scale works perfect. I take it out of the box and load about a 100 rounds a week and never a problem. :D

What do you think about this one? It looks decent for a not expensive electronic scale. It says it is the same scale as their auto-charge unit. :D
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/340674/hornady-lock-n-load-bench-scale-electronic-powder-scale

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Jimbo357mag said:
My $25 Lee scale works perfect. I take it out of the box and load about a 100 rounds a week and never a problem. :D

Hi,

Jimbo, if you're interested in more capacity, and are good with the idea of sticking to a balance beam scale, Amazon's got the RCBS 5-0-5 for sale right now at $59.99. Free shipping, too, if I read the copy correctly.

I doubt you'll get the same service from any digital scale at the same price... read the reviews of that Hornady carefully before clicking on "Add to Cart." Hmmm... buy it, send it back... and some day you'll be able to use it. Not encouraging in my book!

Rick C

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Rick Courtright said:
I doubt you'll get the same service from any digital scale at the same price... read the reviews of that Hornady carefully before clicking on "Add to Cart." Hmmm... buy it, send it back... and some day you'll be able to use it. Not encouraging in my book!
I think what a lot of the comments say is, if it worked when it was made and doesn't get broken by the gorillas throwing packages around when sorting or in the back of the truck during delivery and it works when you plug it in it will probably be alright. :D