Problems with LCP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Has anyone had a problem with their LCP before?

I just picked one up an hour ago. I got home, have dry fired it maybe6 times..... the last time I tried, NOTHING!? No "snap" (firing pin released or whatever). I tried cocking it many times and still... when pulling the trigger back all the way... NOTHING.

I might try to return/exchange it for another... It can't be too normal or they would not have the following they do.

So.. any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Update:

I played with the gun a bit and it seemed like it was not having this issue, so, I did the very WRONG thing and crried it for a day or three before heading to the range. I know.... you don't need to tell me how stupid that was to do. I agree and now, more than ever!

So I go to the range, fire shot #1 and that was the end. It cycled but stovepiped the Federal Hydrashok AND....once that was cleared, no firing pin action... no "Click".

I called Ruger and they sent a call tag for next day air to repair it.... it's been 10 days and I just called to check on it. I was told repairs are running 2-4 weeks right now. OUCH!

Come on Ruger.... let's git er done! Hopefully it will be a lot better than new when I get it back!

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Probably gonna be a while before I try one of those. Gotta watch these new models... Kinda learned that on the SR9c.
Sonnytoo

kraigster414

Bearcat
The LCP is hardly new and the current iteration overall is about a problem free as you are going to get in any pocket .380 regardless of price almost to the point of being boring. The early kinks were worked out long ago. Still, "stuff" will rear its ugly head with any man-made product and sooner or later your number will come up. Ruger has outstanding service and they will take care of it. Disappointing I am sure but will you be back in business soon enough.

Over at the dedicated Ruger LCP forum (elsiepeaforum.com) there are folks that can detail strip this gun blindfolded so you may want to check over there as well.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Mine has had NO Problems..
Today I ran a box of cheep Russian ammo and it worked like any other
ammo,,, NO Problems.. :D

Lateck,

jhearne

Buckeye
LCP is a good gun, it's on my list.

Seems Ruger's repairs are running a tad behind currently, you're not the only one. Might have something to do with the release of the SR40?

Josh

Strange

Bearcat
New LCP owner my self and first 150 rds no problems. Started carrying it after 100 rds only because of LCP's reputation of being problem free. Just wish .380 ammo was easier to find.

mrofna

Bearcat
i love my elsie she never let me down she goes bang every time i pull the trigger .....(elsiepea forum) is great lots of good people there...

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
I finally got her back. Total time at repair (including ship time) was about 3 weeks.

Sorry, my package is 2 floors down and I feel lazy.. so I cant say 100% which parts they replaced, but they did replace 2 parts and then it says they fired 24 rounds with no malfunctions.

I haven't fired it yet, but sure will before I carry it.

I love the size and the power is exceptable for those times I can't or don't feel like carrying a real gun. If it shoots good, my wife wants one to carry.