Pretty Bird Eats Mouse

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So it's turned into sort of a habit, the Zoo on Wednesday....I like it, so does little tomato.

We always go and feed the birds too. Today we happened to be there when this pretty little bird got his lunch. I haven't see it before, but he must love mice.

P1080287.JPG

P1080307.JPG

I know the picture is out of focus, but he shakes the mouse pretty violently to break all the bones for easy sowoling (and for the life of me right now I cannot think how to spell swolling)
P1080289.JPG

My daughter wanted to know what is his dessert. I told her tail. The bird started with the head and ended with the tail. I'm glad she doesn't get "grossed out." like other little girls.
P1080309.JPG

And one more picture of that mad golden pheasant...
P1080241.JPG

stevemb

Hunter
Reminds me of the old northern/southern joke about zoos. You can tell if your at a southern zoo because below the placard with the species name, range,etc., will be another with a recipe !

Just to clarify, that mouse was alive before being shook to death of coarse. But I hadn't heard the joke about recipe cards at the zoo. That's pretty funny. I've got a Redneck Road Kill cookbook written in that style.

stevemb

Hunter
Well, I meant it like a good thing. Have the Road Kill Cookbook here too.