p95 dao

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
They don't make them anymore.

They seem to be pretty scarce, I look on Gunbroker quite a bit and don't recall ever seeing one. I did however see a P93 DAO on Gunbroker recently.

novaDAK

Bearcat
I've only seen two DAO ruger autos in my life. one was a KP89DAO at a gun show Next one was a KP93DAOat a dfferent gun show.

Scotter260

Bearcat
Bringing this one back to life as I too would love to find a 95DAO.

Wasn't there an order placed by Rock Island a few years back for 95DAOs. Tank Ordnance Command or something similar?

Just wondering if anyone else had heard of that order.

Thanks,
Scott

maxpress

Buckeye
i had heard the same thing but i cant remember the source or if it was reliable.

i know ruger submited handguns during the test which ultimatley gave us the m9 beretta

aaronrb204

Bearcat
Yes the Army bought 5000 P95DC model pistols for the Iraqi Police/Military probably about 4 years ago.

They have made DAO versions of everything from the 89 to the 95 except the 90 for some reason. But they hadn't sold as well and are off the market. I seem to remember seeing a 95DAO in the case when I bought my first pistol--95DC.

sunnyf16

Bearcat
Here is a picture of mine. It is all I can offer you though. I like this one alot. It eats everything I have have ever fed it and never fails to eject.

DAO2X.jpg

Al James

Hunter
Rodney72":1s5s1ynk said:
I'm honestly curious about this: what is the allure of DAO?

Simple, slick, safe, same pull each pull, nothing to think about but sights and target. Ive grown fond of the DAO P series guns but I am selling one of my P95DAO's and thought I would let a few around here know that had mentioned they wanted one. There are quite a few different makers that offer a DAO pistol but I like the Ruger version well enough not to search out something better in DAO. Besides if it says Ruger and P anything on the slide I am convinced of its durability. Plus I've got a few mags laying around.

Rodney72

Bearcat
Al James":2jpxlbum said:
Rodney72":2jpxlbum said:
I'm honestly curious about this: what is the allure of DAO?

Simple, slick, safe, same pull each pull, nothing to think about but sights and target. Ive grown fond of the DAO P series guns but I am selling one of my P95DAO's and thought I would let a few around here know that had mentioned they wanted one. There are quite a few different makers that offer a DAO pistol but I like the Ruger version well enough not to search out something better in DAO. Besides if it says Ruger and P anything on the slide I am convinced of its durability. Plus I've got a few mags laying around.

Doesn't that pretty much describe DA/SA? Yes, there is a difference between the first pull and the rest, but isn't it preferable and quicker to have a short single pull as opposed to a longer double pull?

Al James

Hunter
Dont get me wrong there is a place for traditional SA/DA or SA only pistols or even striker[DAO] guns. I just like the hammered DAO's too. By the way not sure if you have played with many hammered DAO guns but the pull is lighter and shorter than the DA pull on a traditional SA/DA. You can still shoot them fast enough to be effective IMO. But hey to each his own I guess. I focused on Decock only guns for a long time until I recently got interested in the DAO's. And like I said I have grown fond of them. You definitely dont see them at every gunshop.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
DA only works if its light and short. Too often that is not the case.
So I really do not like them.

Gimme DA/SA, I don't use the DA at all, I cock the hammer on the first shot and all the rounds fire exactly the same. Light.

Al James

Hunter
Rodney72":1jqvh092 said:
Al, thanks for the info. I do not have any experience with a DAO so maybe I need to try it.

Or maybe not. I'm a little weird in that I like the idea of being able to shoot any gun proficiently. So I try to get behind as many different platforms and operating systems as I can and spend some time trying to improve with them. A lot of the training I have received stresses the opposite. When the poo hits the fan they say you revert back to your training and if you aren't highly proficient with the weapon in your hands its going to get ugly.