Optic Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
I picked up a used Leupold 1x14 Prism scope for my Mini 14. I'm not very well versed in scopes so excuse my ignorance. When I illuminate the reticle I see what looks like a faint second reticle. That reticle seems to move with the adjustment knobs in the direction I turn them. Is the scope broken or am I missing something? I only just mounted it and have not shot it yet. I got it for a very good price so if it is broken I wonder if I should send it in for repair or take it back altogether.

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
Well I adjusted it to where it was clear for me. I am slightly far sighted so I did have to run it out a few turns but didn't think that should have an effect.
I ended up sending it in to Leupold today so I'll post an update for those that are interested.
I was looking for a simple reflex sight but this one seemed interesting so I gave it a shot. I hope it's fixable. I like the scope.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
Impossible to see what you are seeing but I see multiple dots when using red dot sights, kind of like ghosts on old black and white TVs. It is because I have astigmatism you may also. Your cross hairs may also look a little wavy, if they do then its astigmatism. It can be corrected if you wear glasses atleast for your ditance vision. Not saying thats whats going on but it may not be the scope.