? on Ruger Single Six Flap Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
A friend has a New in Plastic bag Ruger stamped holster for a 5.5" Single six. The back is also stamped Ruger and the plastic bag has the ruger emblem printed on it. It had never been used. He would like to know the value. He emailed me pictures but I don't know how to put them on this site. I was interested but it is RH and I am a lefty.

Thanks

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
If that is the Bianchi made "Ruger Practical Holster" made in the late 1970's, early 80's, it has good value. I'd say at least $100 if new in the bag.

I have bought and sold several over the years, always used, good condition, not new and seems I always paid $70 or so and about that when I sold them.

Condition is everything to get top dollar. They are very desirable....

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have several of these Bianchi made holsters for Single Six. 4 5/8" on up. These are hhe best holsters for Ruger Single Actions. From my 1954 Flatgate to Blackhawks,, they all reside in one! They are worth every bit $100.00. The new flap holsters that Shop Ruger sells are not as good. I have one, and don't use it.

big difference from the Bianchi Practical holsters to the ones offered now from Sportsman Guide, or CDNN and other mail order "shop" Ruger "flap holsters" those can be gotten in the $30 range....just cause it fits or was made for a Ruger, does NOT make it the "collectible" ones........

daveg.inkc

Hunter
The Bianchi holsters are like gun rugs. You can toss on truck seat, lay on floor of deer blind, total protection. Just butt of grips is exposed.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Here's a pic of XP's flap holster, looks like a like new Ruger "Practical Holster" with bag. One of the nicest I've seen in a while:

414085206.jpg

If your friend decides to sell it, I'm sure he would have eager buyers here on this forum.

Pic of the back:

414085802.jpg

XP100

Blackhawk
Thank You for posting the picture. Did you see the picture of the back with Made by Bianchi stamped on it?

chet15

Hawkeye
Bianchi did about 170,000 flapholsters for Ruger, of which around 10% were left hand.
There were 8 different models advertised, and there are marking variations among some of them (i.e. some Single-Sixes marked "5-1/2" or 6-1/2" barrel" on the loop or some Blackhawk holsters marked "6-1/2" or 7-1/2" Blackhawk" on the loop.
A company by the name of Cathey in Texas also made a few flapholsters for Ruger, evidently early in the history of Ruger offering such an item as the first flapholster dad ever got was a Cathey in a brown box for his 6-1/2" Single-Six. These aren't marked Cathey, but you can tell if one was made by them as it will also have the Ruger eagle logo on the loop. Not sure Cathey made all 8 models either but if I remember correctly there are at least 5.
Chet15

XP100

Blackhawk
As soon as the owner of this one gets down here to Fl. I am going to list it for sale for him.