Number 1 Info for 2015

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Felix,
We just post MSRP on our consumer side of our website. Dealer cost on Number 1's has been over $1000 for a couple of years now, so if you have been buying them at $1000 you have a dealer that doesn't make any money on Number 1's or have bought a close out. MSRP on 2014 guns was $1449 from Ruger when they were available to all distributors. No $300 mark up here.

Jason

felix cortinas

Bearcat
if yall ever come up with one in .308 and .257 Roberts again, I will be first in line to buy one, not the International model, the B standard model, these used to be available then discontinued. the last No. 1 I bought was the Varminter model and I paid right at a thousand for it, I realize price increases...just regret Ruger themselves doesn't market them themselves.

RJ556

Buckeye
Personally, I would just be glad for the availability. If it was not for Lipsey's, there would probably not be ANY new Number Ones coming out. I cannot get any Number Ones because I live in Romania (my choice). But, Lee gave me a good deal on a K1A in 6.5x55 Swede, that I had engraved and I exported it over here with me. The walnut is very plain, as Lee told me when I ask him about the rifle, but it easily shoots MOA and is very light weight and handy. I am in the process of getting my hunting license now, (a very long process) and I expect for my beautiful stainless Swede to account for many Roe deer and other Carpathian mountain game. Anyway, what I am saying, is that it even if todays Number Ones will cost you a little more, you still have options. Enjoy them.

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
felix cortinas said:
if yall ever come up with one in .308 and .257 Roberts again, I will be first in line to buy one, not the International model, the B standard model, these used to be available then discontinued. the last No. 1 I bought was the Varminter model and I paid right at a thousand for it, I realize price increases...just regret Ruger themselves doesn't market them themselves.

Felix,

Ruger sells all their guns through their 16 distributors. They do no direct sales to consumers or dealers. If you buy a new Ruger firearm it has gone through a distributor. So nothing has really changed on how Ruger "markets" their Number 1's other than they are using one distributor (who was doing the majority of them anyways) versus using all 16 distributors. The way the guns are going to market is still the same.

Grizzly405

Bearcat
I personally am glad Lipsey's is the distributor, they work very well with my dealer I get everything I'm looking for, the only, I repeat, the only problem I have is the 2015 model's are not available...YET!

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:
... We still can do some "special" runs like we have done in the past.

Pistol caliber Number 1's are something we have talked about. There is a good demand for them in the states that allow them for deer hunting. Those would probably be candidates for special runs.

Jason,

So... any further news on 'special runs' in pistol calibers? 44 Mag would be a seller in southern lower Michigan due to a change in the law that now allows some pistol calibers for hunting deer.

Thanks!

Cordite

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
AKDRSS said:
I am beginning to think this is not going to happen.

Its hard not to think that way isnt it?

My dealer put my name in for the 7mm-08 the day after Lipsey's announced the calibers for these runs and I squirreled away the cash that day too so its there and ready when they do come out. The way it looks right now , Id be plenty happy enough just to have it in my hands before deer season which is early december here. As long as I have it a day before to sight it in...

Im sure the factory had production runs scheduled pretty far out by the time the No.1 lists were finalized. And I also doubt the No.1's are very high on Rugers list of things they care about anymore.