Nita's Obituary....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I hope all will be well with you. The obit was very short for such a great woman. You said she was 'born again at 12' does that mean a born again christian?

contender

Ruger Guru
Not inappropriate at all,, and of course you can share with us. We are,, a "Ruger family" so we do want you to KNOW you have others to share it with.

We've never met Bob,, yet,, through this Forum, I've met many,, I now call my friend, and I've also gotten to know many others, like you,, whom I can easily say is a "virtual friend."
As always,, we are here to offer prayers, support, and whatever comfort we can.

I've attended (3) funeral recently,, all in less than 10 days. The best eulogies I heard were from people who actually KNEW the deceased. Your tribute was very well done. We all know how much Nita was to you. Even before her passing to Heaven.

1chessiefan

Bearcat
Dear Mr. Wright,
Condolences to you and your family and prayers that you and yours find peace. God bless.

1chessiefan

Hebraist

Bearcat
If this is seemed inappropriate, please move or remove as you think best.

I wrote this and had it read by my pastor at Nita's funeral yesterday. Please forgive the personal message, but I have no else left to share it with.

Nita's Obituary

Nita Jean Wright , 85, died Tuesday morning. She was born December 1st, 1936, was born again when twelve years old, and died June 21, 2022. She was the oldest child of the late Howard Redd and Mattie Sue Nix Redd. Nita was born in Memphis, and was a 1954 Graduate of Messick High School. Nita was a homemaker all her life. She loved working in her flowers, and was an avid birdwatcher, her life's list stood at 316 species identified. Giving out Gospel tracts was her vocation, and gave out thousands of these wherever she went. Her winning smile made even the most hardened person take one, and few refused one.

She is survived by her husband, Bob Wright, three daughters: Shirley Rogers of Bastrop Texas, Sandra Gribben of Bloomingdale, Ohio, and Linda Wright, of Swainsboro, Georgia; five grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. Other survivors include a brother, Don Redd, of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Darleen Jarrett of Collierville, Tennessee, and a sister-in-law, Thelma Wright, of Memphis.

Nita was a member of East Side Baptist Church for over thirty years, joining that fellowship in 1991. She was a member of the Victory Class in Sunday School, and loved her class and church. Her favorite tract to give out was entitled "For God So Loved the World, that………" This tract was written by her former pastor, the late Bro. Teddy Steele.

Bob Wright
May you find God’s grace and mercy to be enough, Bob. Thank God for His many promises regarding those who die in Him. Cherish those promises and look forward to a future together with Nita in Jesus’ presence.

KRuger

Bearcat
Thank you, Bob, for sharing her life and testimony with us. I know this is a hard time for you; but I want to encourage you that you will see her again.
KRuger

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Bob,
Thank you for sharing. I truly hope the pain from the separation you are enduring is softened by knowing she is with Chris now and that you will see her again!

SamV

Blackhawk
Thank you for sharing this with us. I tried to find your wife’s obituary online , but was unsuccessful. I hope that your loved ones take a little comfort knowing that there is another unseen community here online that prays for you.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I hope all will be well with you. The obit was very short for such a great woman. You said she was 'born again at 12' does that mean a born again christian?
Indeed it does! She was saved at a Youth For Christ rally held in Memphis at the old Ellis Auditorium.

As for me, I was saved on March 26, 1950.

Bob Wright

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
If this is seemed inappropriate, please move or remove as you think best.

I wrote this and had it read by my pastor at Nita's funeral yesterday. Please forgive the personal message, but I have no else left to share it with.

Nita's Obituary

Nita Jean Wright , 85, died Tuesday morning. She was born December 1st, 1936, was born again when twelve years old, and died June 21, 2022. She was the oldest child of the late Howard Redd and Mattie Sue Nix Redd. Nita was born in Memphis, and was a 1954 Graduate of Messick High School. Nita was a homemaker all her life. She loved working in her flowers, and was an avid birdwatcher, her life's list stood at 316 species identified. Giving out Gospel tracts was her vocation, and gave out thousands of these wherever she went. Her winning smile made even the most hardened person take one, and few refused one.

She is survived by her husband, Bob Wright, three daughters: Shirley Rogers of Bastrop Texas, Sandra Gribben of Bloomingdale, Ohio, and Linda Wright, of Swainsboro, Georgia; five grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. Other survivors include a brother, Don Redd, of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Darleen Jarrett of Collierville, Tennessee, and a sister-in-law, Thelma Wright, of Memphis.

Nita was a member of East Side Baptist Church for over thirty years, joining that fellowship in 1991. She was a member of the Victory Class in Sunday School, and loved her class and church. Her favorite tract to give out was entitled "For God So Loved the World, that………" This tract was written by her former pastor, the late Bro. Teddy Steele.

Bob Wright
BOB: I am so very sorry for Your loss. I wish I could say or do something to take away some of the pain You are experiencing right now. But as You know I really can`t. But I truly wish I could. My prayers are headed Your direction for as long as You need them.
TAKE CARE MY FRIEND:
ken

9mmTed

Bearcat
Down by the Green River where Paradise Lay, Kentuc
Sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I think the obituary is written beautifully, and points out the truly important stuff. I can only imagine the folks walking up to her now on heaven's shore saying "Thanks for the tract, you made a difference". God Bless you Bob in the days ahead.

Latest posts