New 10/22 stock from Kit Fox Defense

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DDubya

Single-Sixer
Not affiliated. Just passing the info on. Looks interesting. You buy the center section that the 10/22 body goes into then add your choice of AR-15 butt stock and hand grip.

OK, been in touch with these guys by email. They sent me some pics of what this may look like with AR furniture installed. I mentioned to them that there wasn't much of a forend and they said they were working on something.

Here's the link to their website:

Ruger 10/22 Chassis Archives - KIt Fox Defense

wwb

Hunter
If it floats your boat.... but I can sure think of better things to do with a hundred bucks.

9x19

Hunter
Different... sort of a minimalist version of the old RB Precision chassis, without the ugly and uncomfortable hump behind the grip.

I wonder if they use a set screw to prevent a carbine "buffer tube" from rotating (like the folding adapters)? Also those pictures look like a .920" barrel may not fit the fore-end without mods.

1022RB.jpg

cowboy1

Single-Sixer
DDubya said:
Not affiliated. Just passing the info on. Looks interesting. You buy the center section that the 10/22 body goes into then add your choice of AR-15 butt stock and hand grip.

OK, been in touch with these guys by email. They sent me some pics of what this may look like with AR furniture installed. I mentioned to them that there wasn't much of a forend and they said they were working on something.

Why anyone would want to put that much effort and $ into making a 10-22 into something it isn't is beyond me. If you want an AR, buy an AR!!!
CB1

Here's the link to their website:

Ruger 10/22 Chassis Archives - KIt Fox Defense

9x19

Hunter
Putting a pistol grip stock on a 10/22 has been popular since the 80s, when Ram-line was in business.

Why people care so much about how other people spend their own money is confusing. To me, this stock is for people who don't want an AR, and don't want a run of the mill 10/22 either.