My Second Favorite Gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ditto1958

Blackhawk
I've had my new Blackhawk flattop convertible for a few weeks now, and it has become my second favorite gun. My first gun ever, a 10/22, will always be my favorite, but this Blackhawk has very quickly jumped up to the top of the heap.

I'd been searching for a new handgun for quite awhile, at least a year I'd say, and really did not know what I wanted. Well, actually I kinda wanted two guns. I wanted a revolver- but I didn't want to pay for expensive revolver ammo. I wanted a 9mm handgun- but I didn't want it to be boring.

Recently I saw some deals online for the BH convertibles. When it dawned on me that a single action revolver would be able to shoot 9mm without moon clips, I drove over to the LGS and ordered one. I am really happy I did. It's a beautiful gun. Mine is well finished, and works like a dream.

I have really been enjoying shooting it. For the type of shooting I do, it seems to work equally well with both the .357/.38 cylinder and the 9mm cylinder.

I only have one problem now, and that's that I want more revolvers. :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee,,, only one Blackhawk? Ok,, I guess you have to start somewhere.
:D :D

Be advised,,, they do get into your blood & become like an old comfortable t-shirt.

LAH

Buckeye
Happy you found what makes you happy. Now if possible you need to take up loading your own. It will help you shoot more over the long run.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
The new Flattop convertibles are great guns. I'm so glad Jason and Lipsey's brought them out.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
LAH said:
Happy you found what makes you happy. Now if possible you need to take up loading your own. It will help you shoot more over the long run.

Good idea. I used to brew beer. That helped me drink more over the long run. :)